𝙰𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛

Some days Kai found it hard to be herself. Kai was having a hard time, roughly after Stray Kids debuted. 

She had always been one to subside her emotions for everyone else's happiness, and it was no different when it came to her group.

Kai was struggling with family issues. Her parents always wanted her to the scholarship she had earned for swimming to do something with her life other than music. They seemed heavily disappointed when she had admitted to studying Music at the university. They told her she was wasting a great opportunity on something ridiculous and stupid.  She had cut ties with them since she had debuted.

She never let her members know it though, for all they knew, their mother-like friend had contact with her parents.

Kai felt at her bottom throughout what was supposed to be the happiest times of her life; never really truly being happy for where she had sacrificed so much to accomplish, just for people to make her feel even lower.

It didn't help that she was getting backlash for being the only girl in the group of all boys. People called her horrid names, insulted her singing, dancing and raping, and her overall. She  was having the worst time of her life, and was successful in making it seem as if she was more than happy to her newly beloved roommates and friends.

One night, the boys had gone to the company to practice and do their daily norms, as Kai stayed home, faking an illness to get out of working that day. She just needed some time alone to think.

She stayed in bed all day, trying her best to not cry, but the waterworks only came down with more force as she suppresses them more. She has been home all day, that when she cried, she was almost certain non of her friends would pop up to check on her. But she knew she was wrong when Han popped his head through their shared room.

At first, her cries had replaced the silence in the rooms so loud, she couldn't hear the squirrel like boy call out to her, but as soon as her cries quieted down, his presence was more than clear.

"Kai, what happened? Why are you  crying?" Jisung's voice was filled with concern, and worry as he slowly approached the girls bed. She had been lying under her covers, crying for the past 2 hours.

"Kai, please, answer me, love." With every step he took forward, Kai felt her sobs grow louder with more desperation and pain thicken. She felt broken.

He soon reached the beside and pulled up the covers, so he could slide in under them bringing Kai's figure close to his as he gently forced her to him, her sobs muffled against his chest.

"I-i..." Kai's sobs interrupted her every time she opened her mouth to explain to Han the cause of her state. But every time,  the words would get caught in her throat as the sobs came out with more force.

"Shh, it's okay love. Just let it out. Cry all you need and when your ready to talk, I'll be right next to you," Han said, stroking the top of her head, in a comforting motion to make the girl against him feel in a comforted frenzy.

Han texted the boys that he needed to stay home with Kai. He was met with worry but he reassured them that all will be explained once everyone were to arrive home.

So he laid there for a while, humming peaceful melodies in attempt calm down the girl in his arms. It didn't take long for Kai to stop crying, and when she did, Han asked her if she was ready to explain the situation. She proceeded to explain what she had been feeling these past few weeks and all the things she had been dealing with. Han not once interrupted her.

"How could you not tell anyone what  you have been going through, Ula?" Han was genuinely upset with the fact that she had kept all these things inside her for so long. She had been hurting, and no one knew.

"Truthfully, I didn't want to burden anyone with what i had been feeling. You guys didn't need something else added to your plates, Han. I was sure I was strong enough to handle this on my own, and I guess I'm just not." Kai couldn't meet Hans gaze. She knew if she saw his eyes, she wouldn't be able to contain her sobs anymore.

"Listen to me, Kai, you shouldn't have to go through things alone. I know that you have been so accustomed  having to, but you don't have to anymore. And no matter how much you think you are a burden to us with your emotions, just know that the only burden we have is not knowing what your feeling. We might not be blood, Kai, but we are your  family, always and forever. There is nothing in this life that could change that. The only way we can make it, is to be a team. And to be a team we have to be a family. Okay?" Han asked to see if the brunette girl understood his words. She simply nodded, and buried her head deeper into his chest.

"So want to watch Naruto?" Han asked the girl, knowing that she was going to comply, seeming as it was the girl comfort animation.

He lightly chuckled as he waited for answer just to be met with silence.

He furrowed his brows as he looked down at the girl."I know how much-" he was cut off by his gaze meeting on the other end with a peaceful Choi Kai, soundfully asleep.

He smiled at the sight, a gently kissed her temple and whispered,"I love you, Kai. I always will."