27

I heard the doorbell ring and got off of Jisung's bed to go answer the door. When I opened it, I saw my mom standing there, greeting me with a small smile.

"Hi mom," I waved, motioning for her to come inside.

"So this is the place that you're living in?" She asked as if she was in shock, looking around.

"Yeah," I replied nervously.

"Wow I never expected you'd find such a nice place," she nodded in approval. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding in, relieved that my mom liked the place.

Then, Jisung emerged from his room, locking eye contact with my mom. He gave her a smile and small wave.

"Ara, who is this?" My mom asked sternly. All of a sudden, her voice became cold and hostile.

"Mom, this is Jisung, my roommate."

"Roommate?! Ara, you never told me you had a roommate, let alone living with a boy! Do you even know who he was before you moved here?!"

"Yes, he went to my high school," I lied.

"It's nice to meet you," Jisung said, slightly bowing to my mom.

"What do you do for a living?" My mom asked, completely ignoring his greeting.

"Oh I'm an interior designer," he shyly replied.

"And how do you know my daughter?"

From behind my mom, I tried silently motioning to Jisung to make something up.

"Oh well um as Ara said, we went to high school together and we had a few classes together where we were um able to grow closer," Jisung said uneasily. I have him a weak thumbs up from where I was.

"Then how come Ara never mentioned you?" My mom pressed on.

Now, it was my turn to answer. "Oh Jisung and I grew close the last year of high school and then parted ways so I never really got a chance to mention him at home," I lied once again. If my mom figured out that I decided to live with a stranger, she would lose it.

"Okay then," my mom said, still skeptical about the whole situation. "I'm only letting this slide because you seem like a decent young man and Ara already knew you before."

I silently celebrated, catching Jisung smile from the corner of my eye.

"Now give me a tour of this place Ara," my mom said. "I want to see your room."

After showing my mom around the apartment, she was content with where I was living. She eventually left, telling me that she'll visit later on someday. After closing the door behind her, I sunk into the couch, relieved that it was over.

"You did great, angel," Jisung chuckled, sitting next to me.

"Thanks Ji," I smiled, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Great cover up story, by the way."

"Oh hush," I laughed. "My mom would've freaked if she found out I was living with a stranger."

"So now I'm a stranger?" Jisung pouted, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Before, not now," I rolled my eyes, giving him a little punch on the shoulder.

"Are you ever going to tell her the truth?"

"Probably," I sighed. "But just not now, it's way too early."

"I agree," Jisung chuckled. "In the meantime, cuddle with me,"

"I don't think I can say no to that," I giggled, wrapping an arm around Jisung. He placed a hand on my shoulder, pulling me in closer. I curled up into a ball, letting Jisung's embrace warm me.

I lifted my head up a little to give him a soft peck on the lips. I noticed Jisung smile a little, his cheeks turning pink.

"Aww you're blushing!" I laughed, squishing his cheeks.

"Stop," he whined, trying to wriggle out of my hold.

"What a whipped squirrel," I sighed, leaning my head back on his shoulder.

"Only for you angel," he said, kissing the top of my head.

——

just a little bit of fluff before ending the chapter lol 🤗 I shall also bless your souls with a cute Jisung picture. You're welcome.

And a very cute gif I found on the internet:

He's so tiny and precious protect him at all costs PLS-

ok I'm done 👋