46

Jisung:
hey

You:
hi

Jisung:
can we meet up
to talk

You:
talk abt what?
renewing the contract?

Jisung:
listen
i'm sorry i texted u abt that
before giving u an apology
but now i'm ready

You:
took u long enough

Jisung:
i'm really sorry okay
you dont even know ara
i was stupid and idiotic
and i want to make things right
bc you mean way too much to me

You:
give me a time and place

Jisung:
how does tonight sound
meet me at the han river park
at 7?

You:
okay fine

Jisung:
thank you ara
i'm going to fix the mess i made
i promise

You:
i hope so

Jisung:
i'll see you then

You:
yep

I sigh as I turn off my phone.  This better be worth it.

"Guys I'm going to meet Jisung tonight," I explained to Hana and Felix, who were watching tv.

"Really?" Hana said, sitting up straighter.

"Yeah, he texted me saying he was going to make things right," I nodded.  Even though I should technically be mad at him, I had a small feeling of happiness inside of me, knowing that Jisung really was persistent in fixing our relationship.

"That's great Ara!" Felix smiled.  "I'm happy he realized now."

"Me too," I nodded, feeling a little more at peace than I have been this past week. Even so, I felt scared to meet Jisung. What if he hurts me even more?  I shake away those thoughts and focus on the show my friends were watching.

At 6:30, I got off of the couch to go get ready. I didn't bother to fix much of my appearance since we were just meeting up to talk about a heavy topic.

I quickly washed my face and threw on some jeans and a hoodie. I didn't wear any makeup and let my hair out.  I looked into the mirror and took a deep breath.

You'll be fine Ara. You guys are going to make this right.

I decided to walk to the park, watching the sun lower in the sky as I strolled along the busy sidewalk. 

When I finally arrived, I immediately spotted a man wearing a black hoodie, slumped over a park bench. Cautiously, I approached him.  As I got a better view of his side angle, I knew it was Jisung.

"Hey," I said as I neared him. Jisung immediately sat up straighter and looked at me longingly.

"Hi, you can sit down," Jisung replied, moving over a little so I could take a seat.

I sat down on the bench, leaving a considerable amount of distance between us. No matter how much I missed him and his touch, I knew I couldn't just yet. I lifted my head to look at him, only to realize that Jisung had been staring at me this whole time. I slightly tilted my head sideways in confusion.

"Sorry, I missed you," Jisung mumbled. I simply nodded my head, letting him continue.

"Ara, I don't even know where to begin," he sighed, burying his head in his hands. "I fucked up so so bad. Being in a relationship means trusting the other person even during the hard times. I didn't do that and instead blindly rejected whatever you said. And I'm really sorry for that."

I was still unsure as to whether or not I should accept Jisung's apology. I knew that he was being beyond genuine, but I also knew that no matter how good of an apology, it would take time for me to process. 

"I should've never once doubted you because I know that you're so much better than that. And I should've never made those crazy assumptions about you and Hyunjin. After a lot of self reflecting, I realized how absurd the shit I said was. Moving forward, I promise to trust you more and think before I say something like that again.  You deserve so so much better than how I treated you and I'm more than willing to be that person who treats you like a queen every damn day. I promise Ara, I won't fuck up like that ever again. I promise that I'll be better. Because you're so fucking worth it."

By this point, tears were streaming down Jisung's cheeks as his fingers trembled. He looked up at me with hopeful yet broken eyes.

I was left speechless after Jisung's apology.  It only revealed to me more of his character. Not only did he apologize, but he promised to be better, just for me.

"Jisung, I-"

"It's okay if you don't accept it, I understand," Jisung said abruptly, cutting me off.

"Obviously I need some time," I prefaced before taking a deep breath. "But I feel the need to apologize too. I know that whatever you walked in on seemed like I was cheating on you, so I understand all of the emotions you were feeling. I'm also sorry for not being careful enough to make sure the person who was in bed was you. I also felt like I was a little harsh on you so I'm sorry. We've only been dating for a month so I should've taken into consideration that we don't completely know each other and that it's understandable to not trust me."

"No, stop apologizing," Jisung said, shaking his head violently. "If you weren't so adamant about me trusting you, this not talking to each other could've gone on for much longer than both of us would've liked. You helped me realize the things I need to improve on, so thank you."

Now it was my turn to tear up. Just the fact that both of us were willing to put aside our egos and openly accept our flaws and try to fix them made me so happy.  

I moved closer to Jisung and wrapped my arms around his waist. Jisung then enveloped me in his warm embrace as I relaxed even more. I felt his steady heartbeat and the light rise and fall of his chest. I took in his familiar scent as my hand gently ran up and down his back.

This is all I need right now.

As we let go, we gazed into each other eyes, alit with a new understanding. Both of us knew that things would get better and that our relationship would be stronger then ever.

"I know it's only been a month, but I'm willing to fight for us angel," Jisung smiled.

— a/n —

Emotionsss so many emotions omg

Hopefully I didn't play with y'all's feelings too much, sorry about that 😃