11: Everyone Leaves

"And-then-and-then?!" Several youths had gathered at an inn in Caiyi, all silently and excitedly listening to Ouyang Zizhen.

"And then we split up, Rulan went that way, Jingyi went..." Zizhen told their tale. Xiuying kept pouring out more wine for them all.

"Tch. I can't believe he's boasting when he nearly got killed by some fatso."

"Xiyi, he didn't. That's all that matters," Jingyi grinned before turning round to add something to Zizhen's story.

"We should be more careful next time. But I'm glad we were of help to Daddy!" Sizhui beamed.

"True. At least now his Imprint thingy will be gone sooner," Jin Ling nodded before tipping his bowl and gulping down all his wine. "I can't believe Father gave us permission to send the Lans here for a drink! And to let us drink! Wow."

"Of course he would! Senior Wei asked him to," Jin Xiyi grinned at how Wei Wuxian successfully seduces Hanguang-Jun into agreeing with him every time.

"I wonder how the seniors are doing now. The conference was over, so they might be planning to attack Longzhen," Sizhui said, swirling his cup of wine, unsure about drinking.

"Can't wait to see that! It will be one amazing battle. Oi! Drink it!" Jin Ling pointed to Sizhui's bowl.

"Ah? A-Ling, I'm not used to–"

"It's not like I'm used to it! Come on," Jin Ling grabbed his cup, squeezed Sizhui's mouth open and poured in the Emperor's Smile.

Sizhui fought against the threatening choke and nodded to Jin Ling when he felt full. Jin Ling kept the bowl aside and stared at him. "How's it?"

Sizhui winced at first, but then he slowly realised the taste. And the fragrance. He smacked his lips. "Excellent!"

"HA! Here, have some more," Jin Ling poured out more.

"A-Ling, not too much. Also, you should stop too, you've had two entire jars already."

"This idiot won't listen, Lan Sizhui. We'll just drink," Xiyi shook her head. "Jingyi, are you done? Want some more?"

Jingyi nodded eagerly.

**********

The Terrific Six, the earlier generation ones, gathered at another inn, this time in Qinghe. The tavern was bustling with people and all were excited to see the most amazing cultivators gathered at one table. Amidst their chatter, and the six's conversation, there were occasional shouts to and from a pair of children.

"Meilien, stop running around, you'll knock your head on a pillar again!"

"Daddy..." Jiang Meilien sulked and shuffled back to Lan Xichen.

"Zhilan, get back here, where do you think you're going!"

"Mother! I–"

"Zhilan sweetie, you should know better than to talk back to her," Huaisang winked to his daughter.

"I'll stay with Daddy!" Nie Zhilan ran to sit on Huaisang's lap.

"Daddy, I wanna sit with Susu!"

Xichen nodded. "Okay." Meilien ran to her favourite uncle and sat on his lap, braiding Chenqing's tassel.

"So, Wei-xiong, this Madam Liu is Mistress Vixen?"

Wei Wuxian nodded while he stroked Meilien's head, fiddling with her silver-butterfly-hairpin.

"Then no worries! Xingguang Xian will control her nicely. We could get her to snatch the ring for you," Nie Huaisang suggested.

All the others nodded.