14: Demon and Master

Chen Xuanji, Jiang Baozhai and Lin Qiao stood together at the centre of a cluster of nine juniors.

Lin Qiao turned to check on each of the pregnant women every now and then, in spite of them repeatedly shaking their head to indicate they're doing just great.

The nine youths, on the other hand, were having a jolly good time.

"Tch, Liwei, I should have gone for your robes."

"I told you so! Jiang robes are the most comfortable, free and fit for fighting. See what happened now? TOLD! YOU! SO!" Liwei put his tongue out at the complaining boy.

"I mean, come on! This is so itchy! Jin Ling, why are the robes of the Jins this heavy? All sparkly and blinding gold. And this damned peony logo, it's tingling my chest!"

"Stop complaining, Zizhen. These guys didn't even remember to bring you a set of robes, you better be glad I got you this," Jin Ling wagged a finger at Ouyang Zizhen.

"I know, I know... Aish, alright, I won't say anything again."

"Sheesh, you guys are so picky!"

"Jingyi! You don't have a right to talk, it was you who promised to bring the damned robe!"

"I forgot alright! Also, our robes have this thing. We can't just give them to other people. So far, it's only been Daddy wearing Father's robes," Jingyi grinned mischievously.

"Jingyi, that's Daddy. He's a Lan now too so it doesn't count," a soft, dominating voice spoke. "And Zizhen, keep it low. We don't want the Lius hearing you're not from one of our sects. The disguise effort will be in vain. So let's keep quiet now. Focus on the task, stop prattling."

"Yes, Sizhui," the boys chorused.

Jingyi turned to his new bestie. "Xiyi, you've been silent all along, are you alright?"

"Of course I am! Just that this... woman..."

"Unnerving huh?" Jin Chan asked.

"Terrifying, I say," Nie Xiyuan shuddered.

"What are you guys afraid of? The Master of all Demons is right there!" Lan Hao pointed to their senior walking in front of them.

Wei Wuxian walked in front of his group, beside Madam Liu and the Clan Leader, hands crossed behind his back, Chenqing held between clasped fists, taking long strides, head held a bit higher than normal.

The children all nodded. "True. Hey, is he in Yiling Laozu mode? The stance?"

"Liwei, it's Yingxiong Laozu. Yes, looks like it."

"Yes! Today's gonna be fun!" Jin Chan rubbed his hands as the children all grinned to each other and marched on.

Meanwhile, Wei Wuxian was indeed playing Master.

Yingxiong Laozu, so you know me.

Mistress Vixen, didn't expect me to find out, did you?

Hmph. And what was that about the Scarlet Seductress?

Oh, that. The Beauty Ghost leads all of your kind, so I believe Xiao Xiang is your second mistress back in the Ghost Realm?

But I don't belong there anymore. I'm free, unbound.

True. But what if she came here? Right now? Can your... freedom, can it save you from her punishments?

She has no right to punish me, I am no longer under her.

But who said the Ghost Realm has anything called rights or law?