32: Magnolia Mystique

"So Shifu agreed and you've already packed?"

"Mn."

"But we're leaving tomorrow!"

"At dawn. So I packed now."

"Hm?" Wei Wuxian was lying on the grass behind the Jingshi with his husband, one gazing at the clouds drifting across the bright celestial blue. 

The other was stargazing. 

"You sound far away what are you dreaming about?" Wei Wuxian turned around. He grinned at Lan Zhan who had his head propped up on an elbow. "A-Zhan, what are you doing?"

"Stargazing."

"Uhuh. And I never knew stars shine at three in the afternoon."

"Mine does."

Wei Wuxian blushed and huffed away, rolling onto his side, away from Lan Zhan. "You're just looking at me."

"Starlight Immortal."

"That's a bad joke."

"Not a joke. A-Ying's my shooting star."

Wei Ying rolled back to face him again. "Why is it a shooting star? Why not a teeny weeny star high up there?" Wei Wuxian made a baby-face and pointed to the sky.

"Because A-Ying's my wish come true."

Wei Ying blinked, blushed, beamed, buried his face in his hands, giggled quietly and then looked back up at Lan Zhan. "A-Zhan, you're torturing me, you know? Torture!" Wei Ying giggled like a girl before scooting into his husband's warmth and kissing him sore. "And I keep telling you when you say something like that, give me a warning. Now you've got to bear me," Wei Wuxian whispered against his neck.

"Mn. Tonight."

"Does that mean we're doing it tonight?" Wei Wuxian grinned.

"A-Ying," Lan Zhan sighed. "We do it everyday."

"Er, right. But why not now!" Wei Ying tugged on Lan Zhan's belt.

"Stargazing."

"Oh come on!" Wei Wuxian humphed and laid down on his back, arms crossed behind his head as he looked up at the sky again. "I'll make you see plenty of stars tonight. Hey, look! That one there!" He pointed to a group of clouds tangled together. "That one looks like a rabbit! Little Ying! That's Little Ying! And that one there looks like Xie Lian's LangLang! Oh oh there's a LianLian too!" Wei Wuxian was clapping, as happy as a child. He was clearly not Wei Wuxian. He was XianXian. Shijie's three-year-old XianXian. A-Zhan's zero-year-old Bunny. "Look there's a raincloud far away! That's your Rouruan!" Wei Wuxian giggled as he showed the black cloud. Hearing no reply, Wei Wuxian turned his head to see Lan Zhan still staring at him. "Oi! Are you trying to eat me up with your eyes?"

Lan Zhan shook his head. "Studying. Absorbing. Memorising. Learning by heart."

"Why would you need to learn by heart when you can just look at me every morning?" Wei Wuxian grinned. "Why memorise? It's not like you're going anywhere!"

Lan Zhan resisted the gulp. "Mn."

"Come on, you fuddy-duddy, let's go back to our cultivation."

"Mn," Lan Zhan nodded, took Wei Ying's hand and sat up with him.

"Let's meditate here. In the sweet breeze, yeah?"

"Mn."

**********

Two hours into meditation, the raincloud Wei Wuxian had spotted far away had neared their home. Not that either minded. They both remained seated, tranquil and soothed.