19: Chasing The Light

"Senior Wei, we're back!"

Wei Wuxian spun around to see the Nie, Ouyang, Jiang and three Jins running to him with Young Mistress Shen. "Good. The three Lans will come with Hanguang-Jun," he nodded to the compound and checked the children's belongings.

"Food?"

"Here!" Xiuying held up a huge sack.

"Zizhen, carry that, don't give her that big of a weight."

"Wei-gege, I can carry it just fine!" She slung the bag over her shoulder for proof, and Wei Wuxian smiled.

"Good. Then... swords?"

"Obviously here, Senior Wei," Jin Chan replied.

"Powered up with energy?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, and water's with the food?"

"Yes, Wei-gege," Xiuying nodded.

"And... extra robes?"

"Ah? Daddy, we aren't going to stay there!"

Wei Wuxian smacked Jin Ling's head with Chenqing. "Ow! Daddy, you know Chenqing burns us! I'm not Meilien-mei!"

"Quiet. At least pieces of cloth? For bandaging?"

"Bandage material is here!" Sizhui cried from behind them.

"A-Ying?"

"A-Zhan darling, there you are! They're ready?"

"Mn."

"Where's my Lil' Apple!?"

"Jingyi fed him too much last night. Too sick to stand up."

"Right, right, anything I missed? Food, clothes, weapons– Oh, right, weapons. Swords are here. Instruments?" Wei Wuxian looked at the crowd of ten.

"Just those three, Wei-gege," Ouyang Zizhen nodded.

Sizhui waved his hand and a zither with Wei Ying's shimmering silver plate appeared by his side.

"The plaque looks good, A-Yuan! Yiyi?"

"Here!" Jingyi swung his hand to flaunt his little flute.

"And Xiyi?"

Jin Xiyi snapped her fingers and a beautiful shimmering golden harp stood before her, the gentle breeze producing a soft and sweet melody from its sharp gilded strings.

"Typical Jin's, all gold and shiny," Lan Hao smirked.

"So what? I'm a Jin and thanks to our wonderful Sect Leader, now I'm proud to be Jin!" she tossed her head away from the leering Lan.

Jin Ling beamed at her.

Wei Wuxian nodded to her. "Alright! A-Zhan, everything's ready? Let's go then!"

"We don't need anything."

"Oh, right," Wei Ying laughed. "Ah? Wait, not even my chilli paste!"

"I'll buy some wine and chilli paste in Caiyi and outside Qishan."

"Yay!" Wei Ying flung his hands around his neck. Just before he kissed his husband to express his thanks, a loud chorus of "Ahem!" echoed.

Wei Ying snickered. "Right, right, sorry kids. Let's go, let's go," he waved to the guards at the gates and ran off into the distance, and Lan Zhan and the children followed.

**********

Having parted at the border of Qishan, Wei Ying was at peace with his husband. "A-Zhan?"