37: He's All I Have

Silvery eyes leaking with happy tears fluttered open. All he could see was a bright sky and cherry blossom petals fluttering around. Wei Wuxian found himself waking up in Guanyin's garden after falling unconscious at the dark place earlier.

He'd won. He'd won.

Wei Ying shot up onto his feet and cupped his mouth. "I WON! A-ZHAN, I WON!"

But no "Mn" replied him.

He looked around to find his husband wasn't there. Oh, he must be there still, Wei Ying smiled to himself with excitement as he shut his eyes and whisked himself away back to the Mortal Realm. His eyes, blinded by glee, failed to spot Guanyin watching from within the orchard, frowning, brilliant eyes sparkling with dampness. She shook her head and shuffled back inside. 

**********

"A-Zhan!" Wei Ying's eyes shot open. He was still there, seated on the grass outside the Jingshi. But this time, he'd actually won over the Devil. Never had he been this happier. "A-Zhan, I won! A-..."

Wei Ying's voice faded off as his searching eyes landed on Lan Zhan.

The mighty Hanguang-Jun lay on the grass, a fallen warrior. Wei Ying gasped and silently shuffled to his left to pick him up and shake him. "A-Zhan? A-Zhan! A-Zhan, my darling, wake up!"

And that was when he saw it. The front of Lan Zhan's robes was bleeding. Wei Ying pulled apart his robes to see the centre of his chest bleeding profusely. Wei Ying screamed in shock.

"What's going on? Bleeding above his core?" Wei Ying hauled his husband up to lie on his lap as he pointed two fingers towards Lan Zhan's forehead to check his energy. His breathing halted when he saw a very faint turquoise and white thread wrapped in red and black exit his forehead. "What? What's my energy doing in him? And why..." He gulped. "Why so faint... No, A-Zhan, stop messing with me and GET UP!" Wei Ying shook his husband, smacked his face as he desperately tried to wake the man up. Tears streamed incessantly down his face while he endeavoured to wake his beloved up. Slapping him, quaking him, kissing him, everything.

Nothing seemed to work.

"No, nothing can happen to him. We're core-bound, we're core-bound," he kept mumbling to himself. Suddenly, his consciousness was struck with shouts and clashes from all around. He couldn't see what was going on in the compound from his seat in the Jingshi's garden but the clamour was enough to make an accurate guess. 

**********

The Liu Clan had indeed trained wonderfully well.

But the Nies, Jins, Jiangs, Lans, Ouyangs, Yaos, and everyone else had all trained far better.

The instant the LongzhenLiu Clan had struck, the Nies were already there and had sent messages to the other sects and clans, scouts having long ago seen the Lius approaching Cloud Recesses. With Lan Xichen, Jiang Wanyin, Nie Huaisang, a recovered Chen Xuanji, ruthless Jin Rulan, and his troop of wonderful juniors present at the forefront of the fight, the Lius were dying out fast.

"Xichen!"

"Wanyin?"

"I'll handle it, for now, go check on those idiots!"

"Won't leave you here," Xichen shouted as he slashed Shuoyue at a team of burly swordsmen crashing towards Sect Leader Jiang.

"You think I can't fight?" Jiang Cheng shouted back as he swiped Sandu with one hand and sent the rest of the running men hurling over the mountain with Zidian.