13: Longzhen Manor

"A-Zhan! A-Zhan! It's a letter!" Wei Wuxian ran into the cell in which both the younger Jade and younger Pride were seated with the two Jiang girls in deep discussion.

"A-Ying?"

"A-Zhan, look. Hey, A-Cheng's here too! Hi!" He waved enthusiastically before sitting between his sisters and showing them all the letter. Lin Qiao read it aloud.

Hey there Wei-xiong,

This is regarding the siege at the Liu clan's manor. We've planned it out and I'm sending this to inform you guys. Er-Ge said we should play it the diplomatic way so that's how I've set the strategy out. 

We'll be going there with a group of disciples from each of our sects.Ji-xiong, Jiang-xiong, myself and Jin Ling will lead each of our groups. Wei-xiong, my Xuanji, Young Mistresses Jiang and Lin will be in one group. I'll call it the Special Squad for now. The Special Squad will be together with a group of random juniors.

(About that, Wei-xiong, I tried to say no but they wouldn't listen. The children are coming too: your three sons, the Ouyang boy, the two Jin cousins, the other Lan fellow, my Nie junior and that Jiang Liwei.)

All of us will force our way in, using a warrant from the Chief Cultivator. Shifu said Er-Ge will have to stay back because the Chief Cultivator can't take part in a break-in like that. My Nies will search the underground; the Lans will head for the Halls; the Jins, the rooms and main manor; the Jiangs, the compound and the border. The group you're in will head for the Clan Leader's room and study and Conference Hall. While walking around, Ji-xiong, Jiang-xiong, Jin Ling and I will slip away and come along the perimeter to join your Special Squad. Then the Special Squad will separate from the rest of the juniors and follow Lan Sizhui's instructions to the spot. There's a possibility my Nies would arrive there because they're doing the underground space. So we'll have additional protection, too. Then it's just: head for the room, grab the sceptre, and get out. 

That evening itself I'll send out the announcement that we'd successfully seized the evil staff held by the LongzhenLiu Clan. Like to see how that hits their arrogant, egoistic, huge heads.

Wei-xiong, a small request. The part about the ring, could you figure it out? I suggest you grab it while you're waiting for us at the Clan Leader's place. Mind you, my scouts tell me that Mistress Vixen follows the Clan Leader everywhere. Always stick together. Might be hard to tackle her.

Well then, that's all! The juniors might come over to visit you tonight to talk about it all, might as well get the location clarified with them. We could take Lan Sizhui with us when we go to find the sceptre, but I know you two will be worried so never mind!

Hope Baozhai-mei is doing better and Lin Qiao's safe. The siege will be tomorrow, after noon, enough time for us to gather our people. Feed that mother-to-be something before that!

Take care, Wei-xiong. Ji-xiong too, since you're obviously reading this. I know Wei-xiong shows you everything. 

Regards,

Nie Huaisang.

Lin Qiao looked up from the letter to find Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji flushing a blazing red. She nudged Baozhai and the two covered their mouths to snicker. Jiang Cheng was no better off, grinning at Huaisang's last sentence.

Lan Wangji was the first of the two to recover. Clearing his throat, he brought the others' attention to the matter at hand. "So that's the plan."

Jiang Cheng nodded. "Xichen kept sending snippets amidst discussions before, this must be the full version."

Wei Wuxian grabbed the opportunity to tease Jiang Cheng: payback for laughing at him. "Woah, gege sends you love letters so often? A-Zhan, does he send you as many?"