Suspicions

"Hey Y/N!" Ojiro waved once he saw you on the training grounds. It was after the sports festival, about 5:00pm, and Ojiro and Shoda had arrived to the meeting place. You turned around and saw him and Shoda approaching, somewhat disappointed that Todoroki didn't decide to show.

Or so you thought.

"Y/N." Ojiro moved out of the way and you met eyes with Todoroki. "You said I could come to this meet up that you were having with Ojiro and Shoda."

You nodded, fidgeting with your hoodie's sleeve. "Alright... well, you probably know that I'm going to train you, since you seemed rather ashamed that you managed to be brainwashed by Shinso-kun."

Shoda tilted his head. "But why are we training?"

Pulling your hood down, you turned away, leaving his question unanswered.

"Y/N- AGH!!" A spike of ice suddenly emerged from the ground, which was quickly demolished by Ojiro's tail. "You alright?" He asked Shoda, but him not being able to answer. Why? Well...

With a yelp, Shoda leaped out of the way, just avoiding the crack in the Earth you made with a simple stomp.

Todoroki watched you, who wasn't even facing the three of them, and realized that you were mainly testing their reflexes. He wondered why.

You twitched your pinky and an icy path began creeping up towards Ojiro and Shoda.

They kept dodging attacks that you didn't even seem to be aiming for the next fifteen minutes or so, until you stopped and turned around, now facing them. "Good job..." You glanced to the left, then flocked your wrist, a large gust of wind propelling Ojiro into the air.

Shoda's eyes widened slightly, his instincts kicking in and using his quirk to jump up and grab Ojiro, bringing him down.

You continued to stare at the two, your eyes showing no sign of pride. "Alright... Ojiro-san. Choos one element."

Ojiro tilted his head, but said, "Earth."

Then you turned to Shoda. "And you do so as well." Shoda tapped him chin. "Water." You nodded and pointed at Ojiro. "You're first."

With a light stomp, a large rectangle made of a two centimeter deep borderline. "Don't get knocked out of the boundaries. Todoroki-san." Todoroki's senses perked up from the sound of his name. "Be the ref."

He nodded and stood in between you and Ojiro. "And... start."

Immediately, spikes emerged from the ground towards Ojiro, all of which being smashed by his tail. You lifted your arms, and two spikes appeared at Ojiro's sides, and a sort of cuff on his tail.

But before Todoroki could say that he was out of commission, Ojiro lifted his tail and ran over to you, grabbing your arm and throwing you near the out of bounds area, but you stopped yourself with a small piece of earth, like Todoroki did during him and Midoriya's fight.

You took Ojiro's arm, and spun, throwing him out of bounds. "Ojiro is out of bounds. Y/N wins." Todoroki announced.

Ojiro chuckled. "I guess I really have no chance against a pro." You held out your hand. "Trust me, there aren't boundaries in the real world."

Once he gripped onto your hand, Todoroki noticed you grit your teeth, as if you were holding back a wince. What was your deal today?

"Shoda... your turn."

Shoda reluctantly walked up in front of you. "And... start."

A wave of water made its way towards Shoda, but he moved out of the way and jumped, using his quirk to jump much higher. You snapped and the wave went upwards, grabbing Shoda's ankle.

The water fell, making Shoda do the same, and then it moved like a stream, washing him to the out of bounds area. "Class 1A is insane..." Shoda whispered, referring to everything he witnessed during the sports festival and now.

"So can you only use your quirk on solid surfaces?" You asked. He nodded. "I haven't really learned how to use it on non-solid."

"I see... Anyways, we're done. If you want, you can tell your friends what you did here. I can't guarantee I'll do this with everyone that wants to, though."

Ojiro chuckled. "I doubt you would. But thanks for doing this with us! I didn't think I'd be doing any fighting today." You stared at him for a moment before nodding.

"We'll be going now." Shoda said, picking up his bag. Both him and Ojiro left, leaving you and Todoroki alone.

"Y/N." Todoroki walked over to you and grabbed your hand, making you flinch. "What are you doing?" Your arm shook against his hand, which was unusual.

He held the hem of your sweater's sleeve and slowly pulled it down, revealing a nasty burn that went from just under you wrist to your elbow. "What happened?"

"I was just training and I hurt myself." You pulled your arm away and pulled your sleeve back, walking away.

"Then where were you for the rest of the sports festival?"

You stopped and turned. "Why are you so interested in what I was doing?" Both you and Todoroki had neutral expressions, but anyone could feel the competing aura radiating from the two of you.

"You're gone for more than an hour and when I see you again, you have a large burn on your arm. How would you react if that happened?"

"I already told you, I was training."

"With who? A dragon?"

"Todoroki-san, just drop it!"

Todoroki flinched a little. It wasn't a yell, but it was louder than you normally spoke. You pursed your lips and put on your hood. "I'll see you in class..."

He watched you leave, your backpack swung over your shoulder. You were hiding something, but you definitely didn't want to talk about it.

.

The next day, you didn't come to class, although it was a pretty normal thing.

"No way, you trained with Y/N?" Hagakure marveled while talking to Ojiro. "Yeah... she's really strong."

"Todoroki-kun?" Todoroki looked up, seeing Midoriya's concerned expression. "You look like you're zoning out. Are you okay?" Todoroki nodded, staying silent.

"You'll be choosing the hero you'll be doing an internship with. If you must know, yes, Y/N is doing internships as of now." Aizawa told the class. "She's told to do so since she's technically still a student, and shouldn't be too different from the rest of you."

Kaminari raised his hand. "Who's she doing an internship with?"

Aizawa sighed. "She decided to do the person that she was with last year: Endeavour."

Todoroki felt all eyes turn to him. "That's your dad, right?" Kaminari asked, gaining a slap from Jirou. "You're so stupid, Kaminari."

Eyes turned to Aizawa once more as he explained what they will be doing during internships, who requested them, and how to join one.

While Todoroki was the one to get the most votes, he wasn't too interested in them. He had other things on his mind.

.

"Hey..." At lunch, you were at the table you always sat in, expecting Todoroki to sit with Iida and Midoriya like he started to do not too long ago. But instead, he sat across from you.

"Todoroki-san, if this is about--"

"It's not. I just don't like seeing you alone."

He slid a takeout box in front of you. "And this is thanks for the soba." You opened the takeout box and saw the mochi sitting in it. "The soba was thanks for the mochi."

You picked up one and put it in your mouth. "Todoroki-san." He looked up from his food, soba still sticking out of his mouth. "I'm not telling you anything other than 'I was training', no matter how much mochi you give me."

"I know."

"...Good."