Attachment

The sky was dark, the sun no longer in the horizon like how it was while you were finishing up some bills you needed to pay for destroying something in the city. But you weren't doing that anymore.

You sat at the window of your room, feeling this strange feeling that you shouldn't come out.

The city continued its hustled nature like normal, seemingly just outside your window. It wasn't unusual, but something about tonight just made it more surreal, somehow.

Perhaps because our there, one of those windows with the lights off, was someone that just told you to call them by something other than their last name.

Shouto... the last time you were told to call someone by their first name was with Mirio, Tamaki, and Nejire.

"Izumi-san!" You exclaimed, running towards the two standing at the entrance of the mall. "My mom told me that I should say hello every time I see you."

The woman knelt down, her hero costume making a squeaking rubber sound. "Hey, Y/N! Hey, you know, you don't need to call us Izumi. You can just call us ***** and *****."

You grinned. "Of course!"

You had accidentally found yourself going back to the news article, still a resting screenshot in the hidden section of your photo gallery.

Water Hose Heroes Dead After Fighting A Rank Villain

The words were enlarged, boldly seeming to read itself to you. It was in the past, but you somewhat remember the pain you felt when you first saw the words on the TV.

The worst thing was that it seemed like their names stayed in the past. It never quite came back to you after the last you heard of them being "Water Hose Heroes".

You turned on your phone and went to your contacts, changing Tamaki to Amajiki, Mirio to Togata, Nejire to Hado, but you stared at Todoroki's name. You hadn't pressed save, but...

"Y/N!"

You were snapped out of your trance like state by a knock on the door and someone calling your name on the other side.

Once you opened the door, you were handed some takeout food from the restaurant that had just opened not far from UA from Aizawa.

"What are you doing?"

"Just reading."

Aizawa stared at you for a second before leaving, but you were sure he was suspicious. It wasn't often you are sitting in a nearly completely dark room, with the only light coming in being through the window, and reading.

You sat on your bed, placing the food on your side table. Your phone had turned off, and when you turned it back on, it didn't save the changes you made to your contacts.

Instead, you got a message.

Hey Y/N! Want to come hang out?
-Ashido

You stared at the message, your fingers hovering over the letters. It wasn't that late, just dark. It's around when you normally have dinner.

No thank you. I have dinner already

And you shut off your phone.

It went like that for the next few days leading up to the training camp. Someone would ask if you want to hang out, and you'd reject it saying to were busy, you already had food, or something along those lines.