Puppet

"Whatcha doing?" Aster rolled his chair towards you.

"Reading."

"Mon dieu, you take things way too literally! I mean, like, what book are you reading?"

"Then ask that."

"...Casse-toi. Fine, what are you reading?"

"Human anatomy. Where the veins are located."

He tilted his head. "Why?"

Your eyes followed the intricate system illustrated on the page and answered, "A little tip from my father."

•••

Droplets gathered at the blood stained on your father's clothes and sunk into his wounds. That's when he froze up and you stopped running, your hands now outstretched, your fingers bent and spread like a puppeteer with strings tied around their knuckles.

Hawks came to a halt in the air once the tendrils chasing him ceased.

Mina and Jirou, who attempted at chasing after you, stopped, their eyes wide.

Your eyes glowed like they normally did, but your brows were furrowed in struggle, your hands trembling as if weights were tied to them.

"Hurry up!" You snapped to the heroes frozen in awe.

Hawks bulleted towards All For One with his feather raised like a sword.

Flames raged at Endeavour's fists.

Acid danced across the empty air.

Sound waves shook the earth.

Shadows rose at Tokoyami's command.

Dust rose from the chaos and the ground cracked. When it calmed, All For One stood, still frozen... and wounded.

Blood dripped from his forehead and he mustered the control to laugh. "Is this... your vengeance... Y/N?"

Mina and Jirou sent their attacks once again and, while it barely did anything, it interrupted his concentration and he stiffened again.

"Screw you!" Mina said with a tone that made it seem like she could tell the world to stop and it would.

You wanted to smile knowing your classmates—no, your friends had your back.

"He doesn't... have a healing quirk... as far as I know," you struggled to say, "so put him out of commission before—" You groaned quietly as your mind filled with thoughts that weren't yours.

Dreams of a utopia filled of nothing but chaos.

Trying to block these out was like trying to keep two magnets apart while they strived to be together.

"Keep it together!" Hawks sped past you and towards All For One.

Endeavour shot fire at All For One and Hawks maneuvered around the flames before plunging down for the attack.

You felt the heat of Endeavour's fire and you were weakened for just a moment. That was all your father needed.

Thoughts rushed into your head, memories you didn't own filling your mind.

"Come now, Himari... you can't protect that child."

Your mother stood in front of your bedroom door, her eyes glowing like yours do when your power reaches its peak. "I can... and I will."

The house quaked and the breeze coming in through the open windows picked up, her hair standing on end. "So stay away front my kid."

She swung her hand and All For One was pushed down the stairs. She grabbed the railing and yanked it, the tip of the broken piece turning sharp.