Vie

^ Character Profile ^(Quick Note: Vie means Life in French)

(Quick Note: Vie means Life in French)

"So my quirk..." You started carefully. "is some cruel combination of my mother's and my father's?"

"Somewhat. Your mother's quirk was life. She could input a piece of her into anything, essentially, but she confined it simply to earth so that she had more control."

Justin took out a piece of paper.

"Thus far, you have three quirks at your disposal: your mother's, the Water Hose heroes that you mentioned, and Nighteye's."

"But I've never used Nighteye's."

"Of course not. It doesn't just go off on its own. You may have noticed that you have more control over water and earth. Your quirk mimics the state of the quirk at the time of death, including how it has developed and what it controls. Naturally, you can control earth better due to your mother's control over it and water better due to the Water Hose heroes also accounting for your water side."

You looked down. "But... wouldn't I just get the quirks of anyone I interact with? My father simply needs to touch them to steal their quirk."

"Not necessarily. You need to form a connection with them first. I'm sure your father tried this with you?"

You nodded. "Just making me watch someone die to see if I get their quirk."

"Your quirk is an extension of your life force. Therefore, you must make connections. Have you ever experienced..." He thought for a moment. "A moment where you quirk seemed to be a whole other vessel?"

Your brows raised. "I..."

"Think of it like..." He brought two plastic cups of water. One was clear, the other was coloured red. "Water. This clear one is you. As changes are made to your life as a result of these people, your quirk gathers." He stabbed through the cup of red water with a toothpick and let it leak into the clear water. "Then, when the user of that quirk dies, yours swoops in and uses it." He swung the cup in Aster's direction, who was seated right next to him.

"Agh- Hey! What's with the red water?!"

"That doesn't explain why my quirk is... 'alive' I guess."

"Well, it still belonged to another person. It's still theirs. You're simply using it." He looked up at the ceiling in thought. "I bet, if you call loudly enough, the owners of the quirks your father stole will awaken."