ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚

"𝐼𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒, 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝕪𝕠𝕦"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gage and I quickly run making our way through the bushes once more, although this time we don't go far until we're face to face with a big mountain that goes straight up and down, rocks hang out of it.

"What.. dead end Vic. What are we gonna do climb this thing?? But we have no support." He says as I bite my lip

"We do" I quickly take my bag out and take out the rope and hooks. As I glance to him, he nods in agreement as we get ourselves hooked and make our way up this tall mountain.

Thirty minutes of us climbing and it's dusk. Which is perfect because then they can't see us go up the mountain. I look over at Gage who looks down as well. We can't even see the bottom now as we're too far up, "how much longer do you think?"

I shrug, "who knows, with how we're going and the height of the mountain maybe an hour or two?" I say as he sighs, "but the bright side is that we're doing this at night and it's cooler out and they can't see us" I say with a giggle as we begin to climb again

Gage is steadily beside me, his muscles show as he climbs up the steep mountain with me and I can't help but glance over occasionally.

An hour later I hear Gage shout from above me, "we made it!" He says out of breathe and I smile as a few ago I let him ahead and he helps pull me up the edge as I collapsed right on him

"Wow you're hot" I say and he chuckles

"You just now realized this?"

I roll my eyes and quickly get off him pushing him playfully, "shut up dipshit, I meant your temperature, don't get cocky now" I say slightly giggling.

Suddenly the Panem song plays as bright lights come from above, the faces of the fallen it says as it has its district and their faces, I watch as I see the faces I killed. I then quickly look away as I couldn't bare watching anymore.

"You should get some rest" Gage states as he pulls me into his arms, I don't argue with him and I lean against him, my head laying on his shoulder as I absorb his body heat from the chilled cold that the makers decided to make it, or maybe it's the fact we're miles upon miles high up on this mountain and it's the very top.

Looking out at the stars reminds me of the times my brother and I would, once he passed I would take Gage out to watch them. "Do you think they're real?" He softly speaks as I shrug, "I hope so."

He and I enjoy the moment as we never know if it'll be the last. I nudge myself further into his embrace which causes him to hold onto me tightly like he's waiting for me to slip away or leave. "I hope to be a star when I pass" he softly whispers

I smile softly and nod, "yeah?"

"Yeah. I'll be a small one, but the brightest there is." He chuckles and I smile softly as I relax more.

I listen to his steady heartbeat. My eyes begin to close as I take in his presence. The games have to end eventually and I know when they do. I'll be ready, to fight for this heartbeat, to sacrifice my life for him. For the man I will always and forever love.

"I'll find you Vic" he says as he holds me tight "Whatever world we end up in, whatever fate that becomes ours I won't stop until I find you, Until my last undying breathe I take. Even in whatever afterlife. I'll find you. I promise Vic, I love you"

With those words he mutters in my ear I fall into a sleep, not one with dying bodies or the ones with the remarks of everything being my fault. But with happiness in my heart and knowing that I love him too.

With the word that I'd never dare to speak but 𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑐𝑒 in my sleep.

A/N

Sorry this is a short chapter but its cause I'm dreading the next one 😩