special chapter!! { holidays }

This was their first year back after the games.

" all I want for Christmas is you "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanksgiving-

Waking, the beaming light from the cracks in my window pours light in. The sounds of waves crashing. I feel a slight tug of the sheets as I suddenly remember Finnick spent the night last night.

We mostly always do, at this point we might as well live together.

I watch as his eyelashes flutter from his ragged breathing, I admire his features and his hair messy. My eyes travel down to his bare chest and muscles which have scars upon them, suddenly I'm back into reality.

I smile though, just his presence makes me happy, the fact that he is still here and that we're alive.

Suddenly I hear kids giggling outside.

Getting out of bed I open the curtains to show the view, being victors allows us with the best houses in town, I watch as a family, a sister, brother, and parents happily splash water on each other.

I smile at the sight, I feel a slight twist in my stomach, my mother every thanksgiving would have a whole day of cooking, she'd invite my brother and I, when my brother passed Gage took his spot.

My father would then ask if we'd wanna go fishing with him, to catch something fresh for the night to come.

It's all gone now. My family, my house, my brother, my parents, Gage.

I was in a world of thoughts as I felt hands sneak around my waist. His warmth pressed against the silky layer of my night gown.

I relax at his touch and strong hold as I lay against him, he kisses my shoulder and neck, "good morning darling" Finnicks voice rings out.

With slight tears in my eyes I turn around to face him looking anywhere but his eyes, I can't show any weakness. He looks slightly worried, he cups my face in his hands, "Vic" he Tilts my head up to look at him, "you don't have to stay strong for me"

I nod slowly, "I know and I know you don't have anyone too and I don't wanna be selfish or you to think I can't handle it." He cuts me off as he presses his lips against mine.

Our kiss was sweet and soft, I take a deep breathe and wrap my arms around his neck, he grips my waist tightly as we embrace each other.

I don't know what I would do if Finnick wasn't here. What could I possibly do.

~

  "Just trust me okay" Finnick says as I keep my eyes closed and giggle as I almost trip.

"Mmm I don't know about that fish sticks" I smell the salty air of the sea as he stops me.

"Okay open" he says.

I open my eyes to see the ocean, there in the sand was a radio and a fishing rod. Was he taking me fishing?

I look over at Finnick whos eyes is wide for my reaction.

"I love it" I said as I smile at him softly. He's trying to create my traditions. A warm feeling spreads inside of me.

"I know about your father and I just.. I want to make you happy and I thought maybe" I place my finger upon his lips.

"I truly appreciate it, but you realize that those maybe traditions but we can always make new ones as well. For us. You make me happy Finnick, not the things. Although my father and I would fish, what made it special was just being with him but he's gone..but I still have you. That's all I could ever ask for right now." I say as the wind blows through our hair.