ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟟

" 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒? "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Coin will be seeing you in thirty minutes miss" a medic calls out to me.

I look upon the clothing given to me, a grey jump suit. The towel that holds my delicate and broken body in place is wrapped around. As I stare down. There's a golden waved pin on the right side as I tilt my head admiring it.

This was Gages mother's. Now it's a symbol, of hope.

I trace my finger along it, at least I still have this from home.

~

Moments later I'm dress and ready to meet up with coin, I had my evaluation done and I passed which meant I was to be put to work for this rebellion.

I hadn't seen Finnick in a couple days since that night. Which even if I didn't remember the man, I still felt sad for not seeing him.

I hadn't even seen Gage in a few days as the nurses wouldn't allow it. Finnick was just lucky that night.

I have so many questions to be asked and answered.

I was quite nervous, but I was also Victoria fucking Grace.

The first time in a week since I've stepped out of this room.

It felt nice, way too nice.

I looked around at the cave like under ground city they made it seem like. It was quite fascinating really. They built all this in seventy five years.

I turned around to bump right into someone, "I'm so sorry" I say softly just as I look up to see a man with blue eyes and blonde flowing hair. He looked familiar, his handsome face says the same as he widens his eyes once they meet mine.

"Victoria" he speaks and I nod a bit confused.

"It's me, Vince." The words are like knives.

"That's- can't be you- and Gage" I start to say as he rubs my shoulder gently

"We'll explain it all to you later, but you need to be getting to a meeting correct? I'll show you the way" he tells me with soft eyes as he guides me.

We then stop in front of two double door. As Vince opens one door for me to go inside I listen to voices.

"That wouldn't work it would kill half the population" one man says

"And? As long as snows dead right." Another says just as I walk in the room of around a dozen people they all stop and turn to me.

I look around the big oval table to see Finnick and Gage, then Katniss and Plutarch, Haymitch, Johanna, and a few others I don't recognize, "what were you saying" I ask as a woman who welcomed me before stands and smiles.

"Welcome Miss Grace, please have a seat next to Katniss." She motions the chair that's empty next to Katniss and I walk over as I make eye contact with Katniss she smiles wearily.

"Now, Miss Grace you may have a lot of questions so I'll answer as many as I can. This is district thirteen, seventy five years ago we went against the capital, failed because we were alone. We didn't have near as many soldiers nor equipment to go against them. We failed but not all of us died, we went under ground to be unseen. Almost nine years ago when you had your games Miss Grace I sent people to the capital to get high end medical supplies, we found the bodies of the other tributes and our scientists figured out a way to bring the dead back to life, means the capital can do that. But we were only successful with Vince and Gage, they became our best soldiers as well."