ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟟

" 𝑖𝑚 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝐼 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑖𝑑, 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑣𝑖𝑣𝑜𝑟 "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The clock across my room ticks as I stare up blankly at the ceiling. The faint cheers from the capital parties can be heard.

I don't bother closing my eyes. Sleeping. I never actually sleep. My mind races to many places from the last games to this one. Even to Finnick.

Vince, Clement, Evan, Glenda, Gage, many other faces I won't ever see again.

I furrow my eyebrows and sigh as a I sit up and climb out of bed, grabbing my robe I slide it on and head out.

The one place I can truly breathe, maybe find peace, the roof.

I open the door to the top as I see in the distance is a figure, Gage? Wait. No.

"Finnick?" 

I watch his head snap towards me as he leans on the railing, "couldn't sleep?" He softly speaks as I walk up beside him and look out. The wind blows around my hair.

"You know I never can." I say softly back as he chuckles

"Yeah..eight years vic."

I raise my eyebrow and glance over at him catching his eye.

"Since we met. Well If you wanna be completely correct eight years and two days." He says as a soft smile appears on his handsome face.

I smile back in his direction as I wrap my arms around his waist laying my head gently on his chest. "Eight years and two days  since I met the man who kept me sane, alive, happy." I say looking up at him

He wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead, "I truly don't know what I'd do without you. I need you."

I was never one for showing my emotions towards someone but with him I always could.

"I'll protect you. Just like I said since the first night I met you. I'll die just to. Even if I'm not your first love Vic, I plan to be the last.

I shake my head and place my finger on his lips softly. "Just shut up and kiss me." I whisper and he simply grants my wish and places his lips upon mine. Emotions boil up inside me all at once as I pull him in tighter taking in every second.

"Stay with me." I whisper against his lips.

He places his forehead on mine as we melt into each other. "Always."

I hold him. Tightly. Clinging more so with him than anyone. I feel tears run down my face as I hold him, feel him, but through the inside. The feelings part.

I can't imagine a world, a lifetime, without him. Even when I remember I said the same thing with Gage. I meant it. I still do. I miss him.

I miss me.

~

I groggily wake up to the sound of Mags voice telling my arena clothes are in the bathroom and to get ready.

Somehow I managed even though mentally I was exhausted.

Once I put myself together I look at myself in the mirror. This year they only gave us a jump suit type of clothing. It's skin tight, black and grey. Seems very lightweight.
Lots of running? Or water?

I slide the thin material on my body and decide to braid a strand of my hair and put it up in a ponytail, just like my last games.

I just have to remember one thing. Keep Finnick alive.