ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟛

" 𝐼𝑚 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑛 "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Johanna feeds the line through the ground as Katniss is behind her I take the rear making sure it's in place.

"We have thirty minutes left" Johanna calls out.

We don't bother making chit chat as we know the careers might be around and we keep as quite as possible. Even if my mind is running with thoughts.

Moments later I notice the tension in the line is gone, "guys.." I softly make out just as they look back and I pull the line that cut off.

My eyes widen when I realize it was cut. One of the careers is right there. I could tell that's exactly what they thought and just as I turn around I see Johanna pushing Katniss back and she takes her knife and cuts down her arm.

Katniss screams in pain, "Johanna what the hell are you doi-" she turns to face me as Katniss stumbles back I try pushing Johanna off of her just as she grips my arm and does the same.

I didn't pull back cause I trusted Johanna, I thought I could trust her. She was not just an ally but a friend, she has been for years why would she betray me like this.

I could feel my eyes water as I scream finnicks name, "FINNICK!"

I stumble back with Katniss as she and I look at each other then at Johanna who mumbles something, "shit" she then looks around quickly as she tells us to be quite, "shut up!" She whispers as she runs the opposite way.

Katniss and I look down at our bleeding arms as we can hear footsteps rustle, we hide behind a rock hoping to not be caught.

I clinch my breath as I hear the footsteps run another way.

"VIC!!" I hear finnicks voice in the distance as I hear a cannon echo through the arena.

Katniss and I look at each other and she shakes her head telling me not to go. Even though Johanna betrayed me I knew Finnick wouldn't.

I have to find him, protect him. I can't stay here forever, "Katniss, we need to find them. Peeta and Finnick" I say and she nods remembering Peeta as we kind of hobble as we take steps.

The world around me is a blur as I scream finnicks name, I didn't care who heard. Who would hunt me down.

We make our way back up the hill to the tree.

Katniss screams for Peeta as she goes another way and I go the opposite.

I find beetee laying on the ground almost lifeless and I knew something went wrong.

"Finnick" I whisper out just as someone hard hits me and causes me to tumble down against the ground.

I groan in pain as I look up to see Brutus pinning me, his eyes widen and mine do too.
"I'm sorry little one" he always called me that, ever since I met him eight years ago.

I watch as he brings a rock up and suddenly he coughs blood right in my face just as his weight is down upon me, I scramble to my feet and look down at the lifeless man. Just as the cannon booms.

He wasn't much but he was family in a sense.

I look around just as I see Finnick sprint to me.

"FINNICK!" I run to him as fast as I could as I embrace him tightly and begin to sob into his shoulder. My arm ached like hell as he releases and kisses me multiple times quickly.

"God I was so worried. I heard you scream and then scream my name and I had to find you" he said as his voice cracked and his eyes were wild against mine.

Just then we hear a crack of a branch and turn to see Katniss. She was holding an arrow straight at us.

My breath clinched as Finnick took another step forward, "Katniss. Listen to me." His voice rings out.

"I know you're here. But remember, remember who the real enemy is." Everything around us went silent.

I watched Katniss through the tree just as she makes eye contact with me and lowers her arrow from Finnick.

I could tell she didn't find Peeta, her eyes were tired and hell she seemed like she had been crying moments before.

Suddenly the storm above us began and just as Katniss quickly wrapped the electrical string around her arrow she shot it up at the arena as she screamed.

I watched as Finnick widened his eyes and ran back to me and pushed me out of the way. As far back from the tree as possible. We fell to the ground, him on top of me.

The arena cracked just as the lightening bolted and I widen my eyes looking up. The arena, the dome. It wasn't even night, it was day as the whole arena around us began to cave in.

Finnick looked up as he had a lot of impact from the bolt and collapse next to me, "finnick" I whisper as I turn to face him.

"Vic, promise me this is forever." He says softly and I giggle a bit as a tear drips down on him.

"I promise" I say as our lips crash once more. "Finnick stay with me come on, please"

He slightly chuckled, "always" he says as I take my hand to his chest to feel his heart beat.

Suddenly I hear a groan from the side and I look over to see Peeta, he looks around worried and I watch as a bit of the arena starts to fall where he is landing.

I squeeze finnicks hand and he smiles as I press my lips to his once more, "I love you" but before he could say it back I run to where Peeta is and push him out of the way just as moments later the debris is where he was moments ago.

I fall back against the ground as Peeta does the same catching our breath "Thanks" Peeta says as he looks at me

We look above us to see a hover craft in our direction as the claws lay out to grab us.

Finnick. Where is he. No I have to get to him first. I think just as I try to tell my body that my body gives in. Far to weak to even move anymore as the claws go around us and scoop us up.

I let it, I don't fight, I don't push. I let it take me. Take me some place peaceful. Someplace warm?

Happy?