ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

Author's notes: Just wanted to inform you like I did with another reader, I'm afraid Zeldris won't be in the next two or three chapters since I want to focus on (Y/n) and her relationship with the Seven Deadly Sins and Elizabeth. But he will be back, don't worry! :)

And for now, please enjoy the new chapter! ❤

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰʟʏ ꜱᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ."

ɴᴀᴛᴀʟɪᴀ ᴋɪʟʟꜱ

"Oh wait a second," Meliodas grumbles with his face still to the floor. "I just realised something."

"What?" I say as I pull back his head rather roughly.

"You're my future sister-in-law." He gags and dramatically holds onto the counter for support.

"Shut up," I snarl but then also start to choke. "Holy sh—That means you're my future brother-in-law."

We both turn to one another and then burst into peals of laughter, leaning on each other so we don't fall to the ground again like fools.

"Meliodas?" a sweet voice calls out.

With tears in our eyes, we look over to the staircase where Diane and Elizabeth are standing. But I can barely make them out with my blurry vision.

"Hey Elizabeth and Diane," we both greet with very croaky voices.

"Shall we head outside?" Elizabeth asks as she and Diane reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes, let's go!" Meliodas says as he excitedly raises both his hands in the air. He rushes out from behind the counter and eagerly starts dragging Elizabeth to the front door.

Just as I start leaving the counter, Diane stretches a hand out to me. "Come on, (Y/n)," she says, purple eyes gleaming with pure delight.

"Thank you," I murmur and take her hand. "How is Elaine doing?"

"She's weak but she's able to sit up and talk," Diane replies. "So I would say pretty good!"

"That is wonderful to hear," I hum once we reach the open door.

Elaine, the Fairy King's younger sister, the love of Ban's life. From what I have discovered about her, I would say this little Fairy is extremely strong, both mentally and magically. For her to have gone through what she did is commendable. I myself haven't actually met her but hopefully, I will be able to in the coming days.

"And what about Hawk?" I ask and guilt quickly spreads throughout my entire body.

"Oh, he's taking a nap upstairs in Elaine's room." Diane playfully bumps her shoulder against mine. "Don't worry, (Y/n). He'll be back to his usual self when he wakes up again."

"I really hope so," I sigh.

"Diane, I promise I feel better but could you please give me a hand?" a new voice says from behind us.

"Elaine!" the Sin of Envy exclaims as she dashes to help the Fairy down the last flight of stairs. So this is Elaine.

"Hello Lady (Y/n)," she says in the softest voice as Diane helps her to come over to me.

Blinking, I say quietly, "We finally meet, Princess Elaine."

Amber eyes widen. "Oh no, please don't call me that."

"But you are the Fairy King's sister, are you not?" I wink at her.

"Yes but—Ah I see." She smirks at me. "(Y/n), it is a great pleasure to meet you."