ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ, 

ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀꜱʜ." 

ʙᴏʙɪ ᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴏᴠ

"(Y/n), where are you heading off to right now?"

Wincing, I come to a sharp halt, fingers twitching by my sides. "Um, I was going to just...scout the new area of land your older brother and I came across the other day, my Prince."

"The one Monspeet and Derieri already checked out?"

My hearts jump in my chest as I turn around to face the youngest son of the Demon King. "Oh, have they already done that? My mistake."

Zeldris has his arms crossed, arms that are covered with the grey armour I had given him many years ago when he was still quite young. He has grown into them quite well and he is now catching up with my height. Hopefully, he doesn't pass my height. Otherwise, that would just be depressing for me.

"You knew that already," he murmurs as he slowly tilts his head. "Now where are you really going, (Y/n)?"

"Nowhere. Anywhere. Just somewhere. I need some time for myself," I answer weakly as my shoulders slump forward. "I have not had a break from Grandpa and Grandad all morning and now my parents are at it again about..."

"About what?"

"About marriage," I hiss as my hands clench into fists.

"I see," Zeldris breathes out. "And you need to clear your mind, I understand. But is that the reason why you've been avoiding my older brother and I recently?"

I flinch and quickly shake my head. "My Prince, I was not avoiding you—"

"Your lying skills are atrocious, (Y/n)," Zeldris says with a small grin. "Do not even try with me."

"I cannot marry your brother," I say truthfully as I cast my eyes down to the ground. "We do not fit together; not that way. Yet everyone is adamant about the fact that we can work this out."

"Including your parents," the young Demon Prince says quietly.

"Including my parents," I confirm.

"You cannot love him, and is this because there is someone else?" Zeldris asks curiously. "Is there another who has stolen your hearts?"

"Eh?" My jaw drops. "You phrased that question completely wrong, and no, there is no one else. I do not have time for such things."

"Then you are avoiding us for only that particular reason?" Zeldris pushes on. "Because you are overwhelmed with the pressure on your shoulders, nothing else?"

My eyebrows narrow at his wording. "Like I said, I am not avoiding you."

"Are you afraid of what Meliodas and I can become?" the youngest Demon Prince breathes. "Of the monstrosities the two of us can turn out to be in the future? Maybe that is why you have been"

"No," I say firmly as I place my hands on my hips. "That is the one thing I can never be afraid of. Both you and your brother will never embed that kind of fear in me, trust me."

Zeldris blows out a heavy breath. "I will take your word on it."

Shouts and yells are heard from the large staircase behind Zeldris and I immediately take a step back. It is my Grandpa and Grandad, most likely trying to get me to train again despite the fact that I have been training non-stop since I woke up this morning.