ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! Nothing from me except please enjoy the new chapter! ❤

"ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ꜱʜᴀʀᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰʟᴀᴡꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴄᴀʀꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ." 

ᴇʟʟɪᴇ ɢᴏᴜʟᴅɪɴɢ

Sounds of molten lava gurgling spread around me before everyone screams, "Grandad?"

Chandler lets out a terrifying laugh, dark eyes twinkling with delight. "They had no clue! This is wonderful."

"I do not see anything wonderful about this situation," I mutter under my breath.

"Do not mutter," Chandler growls. "I taught both you and your father that you must speak loud enough for anyone to hear you from miles away."

"How the hell can you be related to something as nasty as this, (Y/n)?" Ban wonders aloud.

"We are not related by blood," I point out. "My father's parents were—"

"Insignificant beings who did not deserve your father," Chandler snarls. "So both Cusack and I took (Y/n)'s father in and raised him as if he were our own child. Life couldn't get any better but then the Demon King entrusted his eldest son to me and I have taken great pride in protecting Young Master Meliodas. And then we had you (Y/n), our little ray of darkness."

"I am not your ray of darkness anymore," I bark out. "I stopped being that the moment you sided with the Demon King and no longer cared about what Meliodas and I truly wanted."

"You allied yourself with a Goddess!" my grandad snaps. "Both your minds are befuddled!"

"My mind is as clear as it can be," I snap back as I feel my shadows grow stronger. "And right now, you are my enemy because you have threatened those who I have come to love."

"That is enough!" Chandler draws out his weapon and strikes. 

"Tidal Death," I murmur as I bring out my other hand. My intimidating shadows zip past me and create a large wave that engulfs Chandler's weapon but he swiftly pulls back before I fully have control over it.

"Now that is a new one," he muses. "And an impressive one at that. Now, what about your other moves? Have you improved them while Cusack and I were away? Especially your favourite one, Remnant Veil."

Flinching, I growl, "You already know that I have absolutely no clue how to use that particular move. It takes months before I can use it again so it is pointless to improve it."

The same move I had used back in the Kingdom of Camelot to hide myself from Zeldris and Oriana is a move I have never been able to perfect ever since I first used it when I was 75 years old. This is why I rarely use it nowadays.

"You have had 3,000 years. That is a lot of time," Chandler murmurs as he raises his weapon again. "So for you to still not have made any progress with improving it is quite pathetic, granddaughter."

My magic wavers a great deal and I am certain this time that I cannot hold back his attack but I try my best anyway. I shut my eyes just as his weapon comes down, but I never feel the impact of the attack.

"My oh my," a light voice speaks. "Sorry to say this but you look like you need to sleep for 3,000 years, (Y/n)."

Groaning weakly, I blink my eyes open to see that we are all in Drole's hand and that Gloxinia has brought Hawk's mother with his sacred treasure.