ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! I loved writing this chapter and I feel like it's getting more fun as each chapter passes and I'm so sad that this story is coming to end soon :(

But for now, please enjoy this new chapter! ❤

"ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ɪ'ᴅ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴏ ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ."

ʟᴏᴜɪꜱ ᴛᴏᴍʟɪɴꜱᴏɴ

"She hasn't said anything, right (Y/n)?" my best friend asks quietly as the three of us stare at the grave in front of us.

"No," I whisper and Zeldris rests his head against my shoulder. "Nothing much since the battle. She and my father said that it takes a great deal of power just to say a few words to me."

Meliodas hums at this response and starts tapping his fingers on his crossed legs. "I see."

For the past four hours, Meliodas, Zeldris, and I have dug a proper grave for Oriana, buried her, said our goodbyes, and have been peacefully sitting with one another by her grave. Elizabeth, my mother and the others, as understanding as always, decided to give us some time and space and headed back to Liones Castle where they await our return. But I am not exactly sure when that will be.

"I'm going to head back to the others," Meliodas announces as he jumps to his feet and looks down at Zeldris and I. "Coming?"

I open my mouth to answer but Zeldris beats me to it. "We'll stay here for a little bit longer, brother."

"Alright then." Meliodas grins at us as his wings erupt from his back and he takes off to the skies. "Don't get too handsy with (Y/n), Zel!"

"Shut up!" Zeldris roars at his older brother, face reddening.

Chuckling, I throw my arm around his neck and bring him closer to me. "You truly are adorable when you get flustered."

"I am not," he grumbles, focusing on the grave instead. "The gloves you gave me 3,000 years ago got destroyed during the battle. I'm sorry."

"I am surprised you had them for so long," I say and kiss him on his head. "But don't worry. I can make you some new ones."

"Wait, you made them?" Zeldris asks.

I giggle. "Yes, I did."

"Huh," Zeldris exhales quietly.

"Do not ever forget that she always loved you," I abruptly whisper to him. "Your mother adored both you and Meliodas and staying away from you two absolutely destroyed her. But in the end, she had to do it to protect you."

"I know," he whispers back to me and then snuggles closer. "I know."

Burying his face in the crook of my neck, I start to feel cold tears drop onto my skin. "Easy, sweetie. I got you."

"I just wish we had more time with her," the Demon Prince says, hiccuping. "She was there by my side the whole time and I didn't even know it. She was right there, (Y/n)."

"But when you spoke to Lenora, you were also speaking to your mother," I try to comfort him.

"But it's not the same," he says quietly. "It wasn't the same."

"No, I suppose not," I say.

"I love you, (Y/n)," Zeldris blurts out. "I love you so much."

My body flinches and I try my best to breathe steadily. "I..."

"You don't have to say it," Zeldris quickly says. "Don't feel like you're obliged to—"