ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys. So after this chapter, I will take a small break from this story and instead focus on my Ban x Reader story since I haven't updated it for quite a while. But don't worry, I will be back soon with new chapters for this story!

Anyways, hope you like the new chapter! ❤

"ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ᴍᴇꜱꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ." 

ʙᴇʙᴇ ʀᴇxʜᴀ

"Tell me something," Zeldris says as he turns his attention back to his father. "Were you spying on me the entire time I was with (Y/n) in Camelot?"

"You're just a fool who can't recognise a parent's passion to save his son from illness," the Demon King states, entirely ignoring his son's question.

"What did you just say to me?" Zeldris growls as he straightens his back.

"You are weak," the Demon King drawls with a slight smirk. "And weakness is an illness. You really thought I might not know? The Commandment I bestowed upon to you informed me about everything. About your growing feelings for (Y/n) once your older brother became the leader of the Ten Commandments. How you planned to protect her once you had grown strong enough and surpassed your brother's strength. What a fool. I even heard that you had a ludicrous aspiration that someday you would steal away the throne of the Demon King and create a hell where all could live peacefully. Including your wife-to-be."

"What?" Mael breathes as he and his older brother turn to me with shocked faces.

Giggling awkwardly, I rub the back of my head and shoot them a sheepish grin. "Yeah. That piece of information slipped my mind."

"I tolerated it since you at least had the merit of submission, but that ends now," the Demon King says firmly.

I make a loud gagging sound and everyone immediately turns to me. Waving my hand in dismissal, I choke out, "Apologies, I just realised something. The Demon King is my future father-in-law. Hopefully, you will be dead by the time we have the wedding."

The ruler of the Demon race growls dangerously at this declaration as the grey ashes at his feet begin to form a whole other beast, one almost as ugly as the previous one. It shoots towards the cloudy skies, straight for Zeldris.

"Your timing is really atrocious, (Y/n)," Zeldris comments as he gracefully dodges the attack.

"But that is one of the reasons you love me, right?" I tease and then stick out my tongue at him.

"Don't say those words," Zeldris quickly snaps and shoots me a disapproving look. "Dammit, (Y/n)."

As the Demon King begins to fight Ban again, I say, "That is how your father wants you to react, Zel. Do not allow such simple words to frighten you."

"Not if they'll kill you," Zeldris snarls as he strikes back at the creature.

"Still," I mutter just to myself, "you cannot allow fear to consume you."

Not seeing through one of the attacks, Zeldris receives several deep cuts across his body, causing me to gasp softly.

"Ominous Nebula!" he cries out as his body begins to gleam purple.

Unable to withdraw, the creature is pulled straight to Zeldris, right in front of his face. The youngest Demon Prince smiles as the creature dissolves into tiny pieces.

"Well done," I praise him and clap my hands together lightly.

Blushing, Zeldris says to the Sin of Greed, "I got rid of the nuisance. Now hurry up and get the damn Demon King out of Meliodas's body already!"