ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys. So you know the photos I have with the quote of the chapter at the start of each chapter? I changed some of them to add in some of (Y/n)'s quotes and I have used the manga image of future Jericho for (Y/n) but of course, (Y/n)'s physical looks are whatever you imagine them to be! As for Oriana, I used the manga image of Princess Margaret but have edited her eyes to make her look like a Demon. That is how I imagined Oriana, not Lenora.

But other than that, please enjoy the new chapter! ❤

"ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴀʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱʜᴏᴡᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴏꜰ ɪᴛ." 

ʙʟᴀᴄᴋʙᴇᴀʀ

"You foolish, selfish, irrational, insane child—"

"I get it, Lenora," I murmur with a small grin as her tears splash onto my face. "But I am truly sorry for what I put you and Zeldris through."

"Oh (Y/n)," the Demon Queen chokes as her trembling fingers brush against one of my cheeks. "It was the worst kind of pain one could ever experience."

I wince. "Apologies again."

"Ah, so you must be the infamous Lenora Sir Zeldris spoke of," Cusack says, smiling softly. "He has spoken fondly of you."

"(Y/n) has no time to deal with a maid," Chandler rudely interrupts as he tries to move Grandpa so that we keep walking. "Let's get her to her room and—"

"Grandad," I say quietly but with terrifying power. "I have a great deal of respect for both you and Grandpa, but right now I am putting that fact aside when I tell you this: if you are to ever harm or insult Lenora in any way, I will kill you myself."

While Oriana presses her fingers to her lips in shock, Grandpa chuckles faintly and Grandad's jaw drops wide open. Never have I ever spoken to him in such a way and as a child, such an act of rebel would result in great punishment. But I am not that same child anymore.

"Oh Lady (Y/n)," Oriana says through contained giggles. "How I have missed your obstinacy." 

I wink at her. "Anything for you."

"My," Grandpa says. "You two get along quite well."

"Indeed," I answer. "Lenora, do you think you could carry me to my room?"

"Of course. If that is alright with Sir Cusack?" She turns to Grandpa for affirmation and he nods in response so she takes me from his arms and starts heading to my room.

"Check on Meliodas and Elizabeth for me!" I call out to the Pacifier Fiend and the Napping Reaper. 

"We will," Grandpa assures me and then starts tugging my still shocked Grandad down the stairs.

"Is the Demon King aware that you are still alive?" Oriana asks me quickly once they have gone.

"I think so," I reply. "But it no longer matters. Meliodas is planning to become the Demon King, overthrow his father in the process and then destroy our curses forever."

Oriana kicks the door open and stumbles slightly. "Become the Demon King?" she hisses as she reaches my bed and places me down. "Is he out of his mind?"

"Perhaps," I mutter. "But it is the only way we can save Elizabeth. Unfortunately, she has regained her memories once again thus she only has three days before she will be killed by the curse."