ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx

Author's notes: Heyyy guys. So I changed the headers of all the chapters for my Ban x Reader story like I have been doing for this story, but I actually haven't updated my Ban story. And my mind's been kinda stuck on Zeldris for the past two days so I decided to write a flashback for this chapter!

Enjoy shy, clueless Zel! ❤

"ɪꜰ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀᴇ, ɪ'ʟʟ ꜰɪx ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ." 

ʟᴀᴅʏ ɢᴀɢᴀ

"You're not supposed to be here."

Without turning around, I whip out my dagger and point it in the direction of where the voice is coming, my hand steady, my mind clear.

"Is that so?" I chuckle softly as my gaze stays focused on the green fields where a few children are playing. "Well neither are you, my Prince."

Awkward shuffles. "Please don't tell Big Brother."

I bring back my dagger, put it in its sheath and then finally turn to the youngest Demon Prince. "I did not tell him last time. What makes you think I will now?"

Prince Zeldris opens his mouth, shuts it, and then opens it again to say, "Thank you, (Y/n)."

I wink at him and then jerk my head gently. "Come sit beside me."

Hesitantly, he does this, crossing his legs and clumsily placing his hands in front of them. "Why are you here, (Y/n)?"

Pausing for a brief second, I then say, "These lands are very different in comparison to ours, wouldn't you agree?"

"Well, yes."

"I wish to know more about them," I say truthfully as I cross my arms and place them on top of the large rock I am hiding behind. "The Demon King believes there is no need to interact with the other races, but I just find them so fascinating. They are so different, so unique, so special. I already know everything there is to know about our race so knowing that there are other races that are nothing like us, well, it just excites me."

"Because you can learn something new?" Prince Zeldris helps.

Nodding my head in approval, I give him a small smile. "Exactly, my Prince."

"Father won't be happy if he finds out that we were here," he says quietly as he watches the children laugh with one another and play tag.

"I could give the excuse that I was checking out new territory on behalf of your older brother," I point out and then place my chin on top of my crossed arms. "You on the other hand should not even be outside the palace walls, my Prince."

The younger Demon winces and looks away. "I hate being cooped up in there. It makes me feel useless, like my father doesn't trust me to not mess up outside our kingdom."

My eyes shift in the other direction to see raven black hair drift gently in the wind. "It is for your own safety, my Prince."

"You sound just like my mother," Prince Zeldris snarls.

"Your mother who is wise," I say sternly. "And also the Demon Queen."

"You would never do that to me, would you (Y/n)?" Prince Zeldris asks as he turns to me with an eager expression on his face. "You would never lock me up as if I were a beast that might destroy everything in its path, would you?"