ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys. I just released a new x Reader story called Fallen King | Gloxinia x Reader so if you like Gloxinia, go check it out ;)

And for now, please enjoy this new chapter! ❤

"ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʏᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴇꜱ." 

ʙʟᴀɪʀ ꜱᴛ. ᴄʟᴀɪʀ

"(Y/n), you're early."

I place my hands on my hips and stick out my tongue at the eldest son of the Demon King. "Why did you have to say it like that, as if I have never done it before?"

"Being on time and being early are two different things," Meliodas says with a tiny chuckle as he drives his sword into the grassy ground. "And how have you been?"

I narrow my eyebrows in suspicion. "I saw you a week ago. Why are you acting like we have been separated for aeons?"

He shrugs. "I was only asking."

"Well, well, well, look who cares," I tease, grinning.

Meliodas rolls his dark eyes as he crosses his arms. "I only said that once."

"Nuh-uh," I protest and wag my finger at him. "You have definitely said that phrase more than once. I think it's adorable. You should say it more often."

"Absolutely not," Meliodas growls.

"Oh come on! It can become the catchphrase of the leader of the Ten Commandments, the eldest son of the Demon King. That would be amazing!"

When he doesn't say anything to that, I frown slightly and let my hands fall to my sides. Just as I am about to make my way to him, he raises a gloved hand to stop me. My legs freeze and my hands sway awkwardly at my side.

"You once asked me if I could love and my answer was that I think I can," Meliodas says quietly as he stares at the ground instead of my face. "And now I have."

"Really?" I breathe.

"But it is with someone I cannot have and at the worst time," he continues and then walks towards me until our faces are only an inch apart. "And now I don't know what to do."

"Who is it?" I ask softly.

The waters of the lake beside us ripple as a large number of birds land in it, simply sitting in silence. I try my best not to turn away and just stare straight ahead at the face before me, a face that many fear.

Meliodas's eyes flicker to something behind me and then back at me. "Please help us, (Y/n)."

Pouting, I turn around and then let out a noisy gasp at who I see. "Beth?"

"Oh sweet (Y/n)," she says as she spreads her pale arms to her sides. "I should have known that when Meliodas said he was bringing me to someone he trusted with his life that it would be you."

"Beth!" I cry out again and then rush into her awaiting arms, smiling like crazy as she wraps her arms around me. 

"I'm glad it was you," she whispers into my ear.

"And I'm glad that you were the one Meliodas fell in love with," I whisper back. "I really am."

"(Y/n)," Meliodas calls out to me. "There is something Elizabeth and I wish to do but will only do with your approval."