Chapter 8....

Wyatt

Who knew being stuck in an elevator would actually turn out okay. Of course the person I had to thank was Josie. Being around her I felt comfortable, which was honestly a first. I've had people use me for something or for their own gain. I could never fully trust someone, mostly women, because I didn't know what their end game truly was. I've had plenty of 'relationships' end because of that.

But Josie was different. Everything about her was different than the women I have meet and been with. With her easy going smile, sparkling brown eyes, and slight dusting of freckles on her nose she was beautiful. The type of beautiful that didn't know it. And add in her personality...she was truly something else.

Who would have thought I'd enjoy sitting in an elevator arguing about stupid things with a stranger but I did. After the game, I was in the shittiest mood. When I entered the elevator I fully planned on ignoring her, wanting to get home but now laying here staring down at the girl laying on my chest I found myself actually grateful that the elevator stopped. If it hadn't been for it I never would have met Josie.

This whole time I've lived close to her but never knew it. Never knew of the spunky, sarcastic, funny girl living a floor below me.

I thought over the conversation we had about knowing who I was. I fully expected her to freak out once she saw me but once again I was surprised. Instead she just sat there looking almost unimpressed. Yes, unimpressed! I could easily say that was a first.

She made it seem like no big deal that I was...well that I was famous. It sounded cocky but it was true. Sometimes I come off as cocky because I know how good I am. I've worked my ass off to get where I am today.

When I first started playing in college and then got drafted to the League, I was a cocky bastard. I know I was. I'm not the proudest in saying I acted like the worlds biggest dick. Thinking I was the center of the world. I slept with anything that walked my first year. I was your typical fuck boy until I learned quickly that people will use you in this business, and that you are easily expandable.

If it wasn't for my teammates and Trevor I probably would have kept doing that kind of shit. I got my head out of my ass and spent the last three years becoming a better player. Still slightly cocky but not as bad.

Then I got hurt.

I have spent the past year trying my hardest to get back to the game I loved. The months of healing was a bitch and I hated every moment of it. It's one of the reasons I was so pissed at another loss tonight. I was cleared from the doctor. I should be back to playing like I use to but there was still a part inside of me that was....scared. Scared it would happen again and then I'd really be fucked. I couldn't lose the one thing in my life that I truly loved.

But sitting here with Josie, laughing and telling stories I felt different. Like I wasn't just Wyatt Boone the star player of the Toronto Knights. Instead I was Wyatt who joked and laughed and fitting felt normal for the first time in years. All of those worries gone from my mind.

Gazing down at Josie as she slept, my hand softly rubbing her side, I found myself wanting to know more about her. I wanted to learn about her family, of why she quit running when it was clear she loved it at one point. I wanted to hear her talk more about her job seeing the way her eyes lit up. I just wanted more.

I was a bit thrown at the thought. I literally just met her five hours ago and I suddenly want to be around her. See what she was like outside of these four walls. My mind couldn't help but wander and imagine what she'd look like spread out underneath of me. What kind of noises escaped that mouth of hers.

I quickly shook my head of such thoughts before I got a hard on. That would be embarrassing.

My eyes traced over her face silently as she slept. Her nose crinkled a little as she shifted further into my body, her soft curves fitting perfectly against my body. Looking down at this girl I had only one thought.

I already liked her.