Chapter 23....

As we headed up the stairs to my apartment a little bit later I didn't want the night to end. I wanted it to go on forever and ever. Being here holding hands with Wyatt felt like I was in a dream. A dream I never wanted to wake up from.

"I had a great time tonight. Thank you again for letting me come see you play."

"Anytime." Wyatt's thumb rubbed softly across the top of my knuckles as we neared my door.

"Do you-"

"Would you-"

The two of us said at the same time. Laughing I gestured for him to go first.

"Would you want to do something tomorrow?" He asked. I was already nodding my head before he even finished his sentence.

"I would love to." I had secretly hoped he'd ask to see me this weekend. And if he hadn't I would have shoved my pride aside and asked him myself.

"Okay cool." I grinned at the awkward head nod he did. "I'll pick you up around 11, does that work?"

"Yeah."

We stood there almost a bit awkwardly in front of my door just staring at each other. All I wanted him to do was kiss me. To finally feel those lips against mine. Lips I dreamt about last night that had me waking up gasping for breath.

I felt his hand drop mine before coming up to cup the side of my face. With my head tilted back I could see those gorgeous blue eyes staring down at me.

"I want to kiss you." He mumbled softly.

"Kiss me." The words left my mouth without a second thought. I know my eyes were pleading as I looked at him, desperately wanting him to kiss me. He searched my face for another moment as if looking for permission.

Without a word he bent his head down and captured my lips with his. The moment his touched mine I felt like melting. I've never had a kiss where I felt like every inch of my body was on fire. I only thought that happened in movies and books yet kissing Wyatt felt exactly like that.

His hands gently cupping my face as he moved his lips against mine. I gripped the front of his shirt kissing him back. He tasted like a mix of beer and spearmint, two things I never thought would go together yet it did. I couldn't get enough of it.

The kiss was soft at first, as if Wyatt was just testing the waters, until I pressed my front into his. Then his lips turned a bit rougher. His tongue swiping across mine asking permission to slip inside. I didn't even hesitate in parting lips, our tongues immediately clashing.

I was getting light headed from the kiss. I wanted more, more, more. All I wanted to do was melt against him and never stop. Never let my lips leave his. I could tell Wyatt felt the same way as he pressed his front closer to me.

Eventually we pulled away, needing air. He rested his forehead against mine as we panted softly. I kept my eyes closed trying to recover from the kiss. The kiss was....there were no words.

"You are all consuming Josie." Wyatt mumbled softly, his lips softly grazing against mine.

"In a good or bad way?" I breathed.

"Good. Definitely good." My heart fluttered at the words. "I better go before I do something I shouldn't."

I didn't want him to go. I wanted to pull him into my apartment and continue what we were doing but I knew he was right. I wasn't the type to jump into bed with someone so quick, even if that person made me feels things I haven't felt before. I didn't want to ruin anything either so it was probably for the best we end the night here.