Chapter 9....

Josie

I woke up to someone softly shaking me. Groaning I shook my head.

"Not yet." I swatted at the person wanting to go back to sleep. My brain only briefly registered the chuckle before the shaking started again.

"Josie." Why was someone getting me up so early on a Saturday. Weekend's are meant for sleeping in. As my name was said again I groaned knowing I had to get up. I slowly cracked my eyes open, fighting off sleep.

It took a moment of me staring at a hard chest for everything to come rushing back. Being stuck in the elevator. Meeting Wyatt. Falling asleep on him. As it hit me, I jerked upright scrambling off the hard body that belonged to Wyatt.

Oh god I seriously fell asleep on top of him. I wiped at my mouth hoping to god I didn't drool on him.

"Good morning." Wyatt greeted as he sat up. 

I took in how good he looked for having just woken up. Of course he still looked like he came off a photo shoot after spending the night in an elevator. I self consciously patted my hair and ran my fingers through it, knowing it was a bird nest. I did not wake up looking amazing.

"Morning." I replied back softly. "Sorry for falling asleep on you last night."

"Don't be sorry." He waved me off. "I promise you didn't do anything embarrassing." It was almost like he read my mind.

I could feel a little bit of awkwardness rising between us. Why the hell am I being awkward? We just spent the night together after spending hours before that talking.

"Were you able to sleep?" I asked, my fingers playing with the sleeves of the jersey I was still wearing.

"I did. How about you?" His gaze was burning into me as I nodded. Come on Josie say something! As I opened my mouth to do just that the sound of a voice filtered in the elevator. I jumped, my hand moving on its own grabbed Wyatt's in a tight grip.

"Is anyone in there?" The voice spoke. Wyatt and I shared a wide eye look before Wyatt shot forward on his knees and pressed the intercom button below the floor levels.

"Hello?"

"Someone's in there." The person said as if he was speaking to someone else. "Is it just you in there?"

"No there are two of us." Wyatt looked at me as he spoke, squeezing my hand.

"Okay hold tight. We are going to bring the elevator down in just a minute. It make shake for a moment but its okay." The person said.

"Sounds good." Wyatt replied. "Told you someone was coming." He said to me, a smiling forming on his face. Laughing I grinned back.

"Yes you did." We continued on staring at one another, his eyes glued to mine. I could have sworn something passed between us.

The elevator shifting tore us apart. Wyatt's other arm came around to tug me into his chest. The shaking went on for another second before the voice once again spoke through the intercom.

"Sorry about that. Will be just another minute."

Realizing the position we were in we both broke apart, quickly letting go of the other person and standing up. Wyatt cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck while I looked down at my feet with a blush.

Silently we both grabbed our things. While putting my purse on my shoulder I saw Wyatt put his baseball cap back on. I realized that as soon as he stepped out whoever was down there will most likely recognize him. They'll ask questions and want pictures. I knew that losing the game last night hurt more than he let on and facing anyone was something he didn't need right now.

"When we get back to the bottom you slip away to the stairs. I'll handle everything else." I said as I felt the elevator start to slowly move.

"What? Josie no I-"

"Wyatt its okay." I place my hand on his arm shutting him up. "The moment we step out they may recognize you and make this a big deal. I know the last thing you want is for a bunch of people to see you and ask for pictures. Especially looking like that." I teased at the end, making a show of scrunching up my nose at his appearance. It had the desired affect as he rolled his eyes.

"Really I don't mind." And I truly didn't.

As the elevator got closer to the ground floor I squeezed his arm one last time.

"Slip past to the stairs on the right and I'll tell them what happened." Wyatt looked down at me with an odd expression on his face.

"Thank you Josie."

"Anytime." I sent him a smile which he returned. "And don't forget the pepper paste." I reminded him just as the elevator doors opened.

The bright light hitting me directly in the face but I didn't waste any time in practically shoving Wyatt out of the elevators towards the stairs, as multiple people stepped towards me. There was actually quite a crowd standing there. Some looked like tenants and others looked like repair people.

All at once people started talking. Asking if I was injured, how long was I in there, what happened, on and on. But I paid them no attention as I looked to my right. I caught one last peek at Wyatt's back as he disappeared into the stairway.

I stared at the empty space and hoped that wouldn't be the last time I saw Wyatt Boone.