Chapter 40....

Josie

"Be careful and let me know when you get there." My fingers played with Wyatt's hair at the base of his neck. The thought of him being gone sucked. Sure it was only two days but I've already gotten use to spending everyday with him. Either me staying with him or him with me.

It's become a habit for us to wake up next to each other. Wyatt would drop me off at work and pick me back up for dinner or we'd go home and make it together. When I wasn't at work I was with him.

Two weeks have passed since Mateo's birthday and in that short amount of time we've gotten even closer. It was seriously hard to remember what my life was like before Wyatt. I hadn't realized just how boring my life had become before him. I had just gone through the motions.

I knew him leaving was probably a good thing since we have spent almost every day together. We needed to see what life was like if we didn't see the other person every day. And Wyatt leaving for away games was inevitable.

This would be the third time he's done away for a game but the first two were only a few hours from here so he was only gone a few hours. Slipping into bed late at night. This game was a day and a half there and back.

"Are you going to be okay while I'm gone?" His thumbs rubbed the strip of skin exposed from my sweater.

"Yeah Tasha got back last night so Sydni and I are going to meet her for dinner. Then tomorrow we are having a girls night."

"Oh a girls night." He wiggled his eyebrows. Laughing I shook my head.

"Hate to break it to you but when we have girls night we don't have pillow fights in our underwear." His eyes widened and he looked at me with a hurt expression.

"Are you serious? What a way to ruin a guy's fantasy." I softly tugged at his hair.

"Sorry."

"I'm still going to imagine that though. Or more importantly imaging you." The dirty smirk on his face had me rolling my eyes. Of course he went there.

"Come on love birds lets hit the road!" Trevor yelled from his spot near their bus. Beside us I heard Bryton mumble curses at him while saying his own bye to Sydni.

"I better go before Coach comes out." I could feel myself pouting wanting him to stay but I knew he couldn't.

"Okay. Do great. I'll be cheering at home for you." At my words he smiled even wider.

"Will do baby." My heart stuttered in my chest. I loved it when he called me that. He leaned down to press a kiss to my lips. Ugh why did he have to leave. I kissed him back letting him know just how much I'm gonna miss him.

Before our kiss could turn into a full make out session, something that seems to happen every time, we pulled apart.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too." He placed a sweet kiss to my forehead.

"Shit heads! In the bus! Now!" A deep voice rumbled nearing us. We pulled apart and glanced over at the Coach stalking for the bus. "Nice seeing you Sydni and Josie." He greeted Sydni and I with a soft smile. I laughed at the expression of all the guys who were still standing outside.

He may be incredibly intimidating but to me and Sydni he was kind. When he first met me a few weeks ago and was nice, Wyatt was so bewildered he wouldn't stop talking about it for two days. Not my fault the coach had a soft spot for me.

"Good luck tomorrow Coach." I shot him a smile, which he returned before stepping on the bus.

"Did you bribe him?" Wyatt asked, the other guys standing around looking just as bewildered.