281-285

Chapter 281 – Those Slaves?

The slaves whose wrists were tied by the vines barely wore anything. And even the hides they were wearing were shabby, far from being shelters.

Being exposed to the burning sun, all of them were tanned, their lips were chapped, and all were in poor shape, walking barefoot. Without good treatment, some slaves with rotten injuries were surrounded and followed by some flying insects.

"Where will those slaves be sent to?" asked Shao Xuan. He knew if he didn't ask, no one would explain it. So he had to take the initiative. Even he would be laughed at, he didn't care, it's enough for him to get the answer.

As soon as Shao Xuan asked this question, he was laughed at by some people, but there were also some people answered him, although they may be ridiculing him, Shao Xuan only wanted to know the answer.

"Of course the place where the slaves' master live." replied someone.

"Does the slaves' master live there? The place where we will go?" asked Shao Xuan.

"It is, what's up? Are you afraid?" said one of the Tian Shan, contemptuously.

Shao Xuan fell into silence. He looked at the sky, then looked at the surrounding environment, and recalled the terrain all the way. He said, "The slaves' masters, where they are living seems not to be very good." If they went straight, they would go to the desert area. The slaves' masters lived in the desert? It made Shao Xuan very curious.

Although he knew that the slaves' masters would escape from the central section to avoid the big tribes, he never thought that they would live in arid areas.

"Not good?" An older middle-aged man next to Huang Ye sneered, "They have a good time there! Only slaves are suffering."

That's for sure. The slaves' master was exactly the one being served.

Just then, in the long slave queue, suddenly a slave broke free from the vines and ran towards Shao Xuan. Although he was skinny, he ran so fast that no one thought he was weak.

Someone in the slave queue shouted and looked at the running slave, and the slave running towards Shao Xuan, who was a shock-headed and dark-skinned slave, was shouting with a hoarse voice. He probably wanted to ask for help. Shao Xuan could see the hope from his eyes.

Poof!

A sharpened piece of wood pierced the body of the running man, and the blood dropped to the ground, the light in the slave's eyes was annihilated.

With a whip in hand, a man in a hide walked over to the fallen slave. On his forehead, there was a tattoo seemed like the word "Tai".

"It's a "Tai" slave." Said someone with a calm tone and there was no fluctuation for seeing a slave being killed.

Slaves were also graded. The lower slaves didn't have any title, but for higher ranked slaves, the lowest level of entitled slaves was "Tai". On their forehead was a tattoo, the shape of which was similar to the character "Tai", so they were named "Tai" slaves. For their strength, they could rival primary totem warriors.

The initial goal of somebody who just became a slave was to be a "Tai" slave. Even though they had turned into slaves, they would be satisfied as long as they could gain the equivalent power to primary totem warriors.

The "Tai" slaves were just at the lowest level among the higher ranked slaves. The slaves ranking higher than "Tai" slaves were "Pu" slaves. There were some "Pu" slaves in this slave team, holding swords rather than whips. Generally, they didn't manage the matters of this team and seemed very harmless. However, once they took action, it would be much more bloody than killing one slave. Therefore, when that slave just tried to flee, the "Pu" slaves just glanced at him. Some of them didn't even raise their heads and continued on their way. Anyway, there were lower-level "Tai" slaves to cope with it.