351 - 385

Chapter 351 - The End Of The Cave

Shao Xuan bit through the dizziness he felt from the lack of oxygen and the pain he felt from all the bones in his body cracking. He could only bear the pain through clenching his teeth, he clung onto the uneven surface for dear life. He knew if he let go, he would be pulled into the sea by the force and become part of the whirlpool. He would be dead if that happened.

It was as if a large net surrounded the area, anything that touched the net would be trapped in it. With the strong force pulling him in, Shao Xuan couldn't find time to deal with the cut on him. He could only activate his totem energy and direct it towards the cut, hoping that it would close and minimize the blood flowing out.

If he didn't have the strength of an advanced totemic warrior, if he didn't have enough energy, if the strength he was using to grab onto the ground was a little weaker, he would have caved long ago.

Finally, when Shao Xuan was about to lose consciousness, everything calmed down.

Shao Xuan felt lighter, the pressure from the seawater was gone. The pulling force had disappeared too as if it was never there in the first place.

The vibrations he could feel in his bones calmed down, his muscles relaxed. It wasn't because Shao Xuan let his guard down, he just had no strength left. He was at his limit.

The sudden end to this odd change, as if it was safe again allowed Shao Xuan to breathe deep.

What?

He's breathing.

He's doing it again.

It's natural!

There's air!

Shao Xuan opened his eyes to look at his surroundings.

For a moment, Shao Xuan thought he had gone to another world, a world with no seawater.

However, with closer inspection, Shao Xuan realized that he was still holding on to the rock and the sea cliff was not far from him. At the same time, this area was sucked dry of seawater. His clothes, his hair, the seaweed on the stone were all sucked dry of water.

On the floor, the seaweed that was sucked dry of water crumbled to pieces when they were lightly touched.

Shao Xuan felt dehydrated as well and finished the water in his bottle but he hadn't properly quenched his thirst. It only did the bare minimum.

It was as if a cave was formed and outside this cave, seawater still flowed as usual but it didn't affect the area within the stone.

The surroundings were dark, this was quite far from the surface as the rays that could penetrate down here were few. Luckily Shao Xuan had supersight.

He sat on the ground, wondering what to do next.

The feeling of hypoxia reduced. Even though the oxygen level here was low, it still felt much better than drowning.

Soon, he slowly regained his strength and his thoughts were clearer.

He wanted to go out but he wasn't sure when the abnormalities would end. Should he wait here or should he follow this long stone path?

Maybe he could try the string magic.

He didn't have any string on him, did he have to use the cloth on him?

Shao Xuan wasn't willing to use that unreliable method of divination. He could choose the original ways of divination, whenever he faced trouble, he could seek help from the totem flame and it would light up the path he should take. Just like the time in Worm Mountain Cave.