421 - 440

Chapter 421 - Black Eats Black

Shao Xuan knew it was not a wild bird the moment he saw it. Shao Xuan had seen the birds in the tribe and Chacha, he knew what that look in its eyes meant. Especially when the bird was swimming around in the water. The look in its black beady eyes told Shao Xuan that it had some sneaky plan.

In the beginning, Shao Xuan wanted to follow this duck to see who was nearby. However, when he arrived, he realised the other party was not friendly at all. He knew that there was a trap ahead. Other people might not know but he could tell because he had set these traps before too.

Maintaining a distance, he was confident that he could escape if an attack happened. However, when the other party revealed themselves, he changed his mind.

He first dealt with the hidden guy and his trap, using this blow to strike fear in the rest of them. At the same time, he wanted to know the difference in his totemic power after activating the ornaments twice.

Right now, the robbers were killed. And the fat duck that lured him here was trapped in his hand.

The bright green duck's eyes flashed. It wanted to quack but because he held it by its neck, all it could do was squawk an odd note.

It was obvious that it understood what Shao Xuan said. It was panicking.

"I will ask you a few questions. If you give me satisfactory answers, I'll let you go," said Shao Xuan, glaring at the duck in his hand.

Its wings were trapped. The duck kicked its claws and nodded.

Shao Xuan moved the hand on its neck slightly but was still cautious. If this duck decided to peck him the moment he let go, Shao Xuan would break its neck without hesitation.

At least this duck was smart. It did not peck him. It looked at him, waiting for him to speak.

"Are there more of them?" said Shao Xuan.

There was a pause. It nodded.

"How many?"

The duck froze. It did not know how to count, it was merely capable of answering yes or no questions. As for how many... to the duck, one was the same as ten.

When he looked at the duck, Shao Xuan knew he wouldn't be able to get an answer.

"Bring me there."

The duck kicked its feet, indicating that it could not walk.

Shao Xuan looped some rope around its neck and released its wings. With a long rope as a leash, he said, "Lead the way."

The duck shuddered. It wasn't used to having a leash but it still led the way and caused no trouble. However, its eyes kept darting around as it thought of a way to escape.

When he passed the collapsed tree, he realised the person who died under the tree had turned a peculiar green-black. It was terrifying. Plus there was a pungent smell coming from the body.

Shao Xuan's gaze swept across the poisonous little plants. He planned to return to study these plants after dealing with the rest of the people. A poison that could kill a totemic warrior was no ordinary poison.

The duck was quite cooperative too. It did not bring Shao Xuan through a dangerous region on purpose, even deliberately taking a route to avoid hidden traps. Shao Xuan's impression of the duck seemed to change.

This duck did not seem to have a good relationship with this bunch of people. After seeing Shao Xuan kill three of them, it did not seem angry either. While it was still thinking of a way to escape, it still brought Shao Xuan back to their base, leading him through the safest route. It did not seem to care that Shao Xuan was there to cause trouble. It seemed to be happy with this.