Chapter 25: Drunk

glossary:

[1] spare the rat to save the dishes – hold back from acting against an evildoer for fear of involving good people

Zhou Shunhua got drunk easily even with just a sip, but she could not refuse it at the banquet. After two drinks, her face quickly turned red, her eyes blurred and she was obviously drunk. Zhou Shunhua was afraid that she would lose self-control if she stayed any longer, so she quietly left the banquet and wanted to go outside to sober up. However, Zhou Shunhua did not know how attractive she was. Zhao Zixun worried that Zhou Shunhua would be taken advantage of and soon followed after her.

Afterwards, Zhou Shunhua was almost molested by a man. Fortunately, Zhao Zixun arrived in time and drove him away. Zhou Shunhua was already delirious. She saw Zhao Zixun, hugged Zhao Zixun with flushed cheeks, and confided a lot of truth.

At that time, the grassland was quiet and calm, and the two of them sat on the hillside and spoke for a long time. Finally, Zhou Shunhua fell asleep on the meadow, Zhao Zixun carried her up and took her back to the tent in front of everyone.

Tang Shishi closed her book and covered her eyes grieving. Because of her different brain circuits, she was often out of tune with men and women. It turned out that she could not be a female lead, not only because she was not kind enough, but also because her wine tolerance was too good.

Tang Shishi recalled what she had read, found that the female lead was either a delicate young lady of an affluent family or a steadfast peasant girl, but without exception, all of them were drunk after drinking wine. Her complexion was flushed and weak and she had a story with the male lead. Then she had close contact with him. Anyway, there was no such thing as Tang Shishi, who could drink like a strong Mongolian Han man and not inflict any damage.

Zhou Shunhua borrowed the wine to tell Shizi the truth and also being carried in a princess style by Zhao Zixun. On the contrary, Tang Shishi and Narentuoya, two naïve people, were still together having drinks.

Simply hopeless.

After her grief, Tang Shishi reluctantly sorted out her mood and thought about remedies. What had happened could not be changed. Instead of being upset and blaming herself, it was better to think about how to remedy it. Tang Shishi went to the contents of the book to check the spoiler. Relying on the title, she speculated that most of the following plots were related to Narentuoya.

Narentuoya was just an insignificant small role in the struggle of the female lead, and her play was not even as much as Tang Shishi. After entering the palace, Tang Shishi was granted the imperial concubine and was favored. At her peak period, Tang Shishi even threatened the status of the female lead. However, Narentuoya only appeared in autumn hunting, and her only role was probably to fall in love with the male lead. Because of jealousy, she constantly provoked the female lead and set off Zhou Shunhua's indifference and magnanimity with her own pettiness and ignorance. In the end, she boldly confessed to Zhao Zixun but was bumped into by Zhou Shunhua, thus completing the important task of helping the male and female leads to recognize their feelings and realize the transformation of their relationship.

In the plot, Tang Shishi did not participate in the autumn hunting, so there was no part of Tang Shishi's role in it. In other words, Tang Shishi wanted to add her own play. After reading the titles of the next few chapters three times, Tang Shishi was afraid to make any decisions rashly.

She found that her thinking was different from that of the male and female leads. Starting from the discovery of assassins in the relay post station, Tang Shishi perfectly missed every correct option and succeeded in getting further and further away from the male lead. She could no longer follow her own way of thinking anymore. If she chose the wrong path for few more times, she would have to leave ahead of time.