Chapter 130: Crown Prince

Lu Yufei leaned in and listened to the eunuch and heard that Prince Jing had become the emperor. She was stunned for a while before she understood what the eunuch was talking about.

"What, you mean the prince...No, my father became the emperor? So the princess became the Empress?"

Lu Yufei couldn't believe what she heard. The eunuch smiled slightly and said: "Shizi Consort, what you said is right, Emperor Wuzong died of illness and the dynasty had no emperor.  A few months ago, the emperor and empress's enthronement were successfully concluded. The Empress was worried that the Shizi Consort was in Xiping City alone, so she sent this slave to bring the Shizi Consort to Jining."

Lu Yufei was shocked for a long time. For a while, she felt that this was just a trick. But she looked at the eunuch's court dress, the rewards he brought with him, and the Jinyiwei, and it didn't look fake.

Lu Yufei finally believed in panic that this was true. Her father-in-law became the emperor, and her mother-in-law is the empress.

Lu Yufei raised her body lazily in the mansion. After learning the news, she immediately rushed back to Jinling. Zhao Chengjun is the emperor, then that means Zhao Zixun is the Crown Prince. With such an important opportunity, she couldn't let Zhou Shunhua take the lead.

When Zhao Chengjun sent someone to pick up Lu Yufei, he also sent an order for the Lu family to move to Jinling. Although their family's status hasn't changed, the Lu family happily went to Jinling.

It's only a minor setback that they haven't been promoted. Their daughter is the emperor's daughter-in-law, which is the important thing. 

After entering the palace, the first thing to do is to greet the Empress. This woman, Tang Shishi, was amazing. She was originally just a merchant's daughter but because she entered the mansion and received Prince Jing's favor, she became the Princess. Afterwards, Prince Jing ascended the throne and she became the Empress.

Empress Dowager Yao has fallen, but Tang Shishi rose like a phoenix. This shows that this woman is amazing. Lu Yufei is still unable to give birth, so it is important to please Tang Shishi.

In Kunning Palace, Tang Shishi sat on her throne, listening to palace officials reporting on what happened today. Kunning Palace has been repaired, and Tang Shishi officially moved there, and naturally she had to fulfill her duties as the Empress. It is now June, and Tang Shishi is six months pregnant with a very big belly. Pregnant women are moody, and coupled with the hot weather, Tang Shishi has been particularly irritable these days.

After the palace official finished telling the affairs of the palace, she cautiously said: "Empress, Princess Nanyang requested to see the West and East Empress Dowager."

Following Zhao Chengjun's succession to the throne, the princesses had to be re-ranked. The emperor's daughters became princesses, while the emperor's sisters became Imperial Princesses, and the emperor's aunts became a Grand Imperial Princess. When Empress Wuzong reigned, Princess Nanyang was the Grand Imperial Princess. Now that the person on the throne is Zhao Chengjun, she was demoted and became an Imperial Princess.

After Zhao Chengjun ascended the throne, he didn't do anything to Princess Nanyang or the Yao family. Even if Zhao Chengjun did not move, Princess Nanyang and the Yao Family were still scared. In these three months, Princess Nanyang had always wanted to enter the palace to see Empress Dowager Yao and Yao Pei'er, but was not allowed.

Tang Shishi heard Princess Nanyang being mentioned, but her expression did not change, and she asked, "When did she request this?"

"Around four hours ago."