Chapter 47: Out of Favor

Tang Shishi finally understood Zhou Shunhua's plan, but it was too late already. Now, only Tang Shishi left stood alone under the eaves, after Prince Jing and Zhou Shunhua had left one after another, felt surprisingly out of place.

Zhao Zixun's personal young menservants lowered their heads when they saw Tang Shishi, and one by one walked around her. Tang Shishi wanted to explain, but she really did not know what she was going to say to appear less sophistry. Tang Shishi tried for a while, and finally decided to shut up was the best option.

Tang Shishi gathered her cloak tightly, and quietly left without being noticed.

Tang Shishi was in a bad mood and did not even want to go back to the banquet hall. Anyway, no one really cared about her at the banquet. Tang Shishi went straight back to her Jianjia courtyard.

Tang Shishi walked alone in the harsh winter, and it was pitch-black all around. Not knowing what was going on in this section of the road, the lights went out several times, the road was particularly desolate, and the shadows of the trees were swaying in the dark. Tang Shishi tied her cloak tightly and wanted to go back as soon as possible.

But halfway through, she heard hoots of an owl. The owl made three long and three short hoots, which seemed to have a unique call to it. Tang Shishi's steps stopped gradually. She listened for a while, looked behind her, and walked slowly in the direction where the hoots came from.

Tang Shishi walked to a shade of a tree, and coughed softly, "It's me."

A person jumped out from behind the tree, and it was old woman Wu. Granny Wu quickly glanced around and took Tang Shishi to hide in the dark.

Tang Shishi put up with her discomfort in her hand and said with a smile, "Granny Wu, you came to look for me. What can I do for you?"

Granny Wu's speaking style was the same as before, without any sloppiness, and directly asked, "Did you bring Prince Jing to Shizi today?"

Tang Shishi clenched her fingers, without exposing any expression, and said calmly, "Yes."

"The woman next to Shizi was Zhou Shunhua?"

Tang Shishi's mood sank. It seemed that Granny Wu knew far more than she had imagined. She, Zhou Shunhua, and Ren Yujun were all under the control of Granny Wu. It was ridiculous that they were still fighting among themselves. In fact, they were just pawns in the hands of Empress Dowager.

Tang Shishi did not change her face, and replied, "Yes."

Granny Wu stared at Tang Shishi closely, Tang Shishi's heart was already panicked, but she persisted in looking directly at Granny Wu's eyes. Granny Wu suddenly laughed out loud, and gripped Tang Shishi's hand harder, "You did well. I was suspicious of you before, but now it seems that Feng Momo's vision can't be wrong."

"... ..." Tang Shishi was stunned for a moment and asked in confusion, "Huh?"

"You've done a very good job today. You didn't act rashly after noticing Shizi's drug. Instead, you deliberately led Prince Jing to Shizi's room. On one hand, you drove a wedge between Prince Jing and Shizi, and on the other hand, you destroyed Shizi's marriage with Shizi Consort. Killing two birds with one stone is really a wise move."

Tang Shishi was silent and slowly doubted herself. Was that true? Was that her real intention?

Tang Shishi thought this was ridiculous, but these smart people always have their preconceived ideas and judged others by themselves. Obviously, it was a very simple matter, but they preferred to think in a complicated way. Previously, it was Feng Momo, and now it was Granny Wu and even Prince Jing were all like this.