Chapter 94: Kill the Mother

The ministers kowtowed deeply, their heads almost touching the ground. Sunlight shot in from the window panes, shining a sharp beam of light in the air, and the golden beast in the corner of the house quietly exhaled smoke and stretched out in the warm sun.

There was a strange stalemate in the study. Mr. Lu and the ministers didn't care who Zhao Chengjun loved or who was his wife, but what they cared about was this woman was Empress Dowager Yao's person.

Tang Shishi is a beauty sent by the Empress Dowager Yao and has a close relationship with the court. They heard that she herself acted aggressively and acted very arrogantly. This is a beautician trick on the face of Prince Jing's Mansion. Even if she doesn't kill, should she be kept? How can the hearts of so many subjects settle down?

Taking a step back, even if it is due to the face of the Empress Dowager Yao, Zhao Chengjun needs to make Tang Shishi his Wangfei, and he cannot kill Tang Shishi before the situation is clear, and he cannot let Tang Shishi raise the children of the Jing Prince's Mansion by herself. The young man who was born last night was surnamed Zhao. In the eyes of the staff, Ma Er and others, this is a child from the Jing Mansion, who will help the prince win in the future, but Tang Shishi is not.

Of course the son has to stay, but the woman has to be killed.

They came today to force Zhao Chengjun to make a statement. Either kill Tang Shishi, or limit Tang Shishi's influence, anyway, he has to come up with a solution.

Sitting behind the book case, Zhao Chengjun felt the silent urging of everyone. If it was before, he would not do things that were obviously contrary to popular sentiment, as long as it was not a matter of principle, it would be okay to let it go. But this time, Zhao Chengjun didn't want to let it go.

This is the woman he forced to stay by his side, whome he wanted to hold the stars to the moon, and the woman he loved. Why did they want to take her away from him? After Tang Shishi became pregnant, he galloped back from Suzhou. In the months when her morning sickness was the most severe, he accompanied her and was uncomfortable with her. Now Tang Shishi gave birth to his child, his only son, yet he will betray her like this?

The effort he put into Tang Shishi was far more than anything in his life. He had promised to accompany Tang Shishi in the days and evenings, and was driven by her all his life to vent her anger. Now only one year has passed, how can he let go?

His attitude was obvious, and Zhao Chengjun's determination was also firm. Tang Shishi will definitely be his wife and the mother of all his children. As a mother, raising one's own children is justified.

Zhao Chengjun can directly confess that this is the woman he loves, and don't even think about it if you want to hit her. But things are not so simple. It is easy for him to protect Tang Shishi, but it is the most difficult to maintain the people of the mansion and let everyone be still loyal to him and follow him without complaint.

After all, Tang Shishi has the label of Empress Dowager Yao. If Zhao Chengjun can't handle this matter well, he will be unable to deal with the matter of raising troops to attack Jinling in the future.

As for the tactics of slowing down, lying to stabilize the officials for the time being, it is not even within Zhao Chengjun's consideration. For one thing, this violates Zhao Chengjun's principle of believing in everything. Secondly, those in power are not afraid of making mistakes, but are afraid of indecision. If he doesn't make a clear statement now, and waiting to be delayed will only make people's hearts upset.

Zhao Chengjun finished thinking. After making sure that he was sure, he opened his mouth and said: "I understand your concerns, but people cannot stand without trust. I have told the court and subjects that Tang Shishi is the princess. Can she make a mistake and destroy her own promise? Since she became a princess, she has never betrayed me. Now she has given birth to a son. There is nothing wrong with her, so why will i abandon her? What's more, the reason why this prince stands here is to protect Territory, protect the family and defend the country, so that the people can sleep peacefully. Although she is a court lady, she is also a subject of Great Yan and the daughter of her parents. Now, you want to kill a woman who had done nothing wrong and had no power to fight back, just because she knew Empress Dowager Yao?"