Chapter 42: Scheming

From the beginning, Tang Shishi did not take Zhao Chengjun's words seriously. How could loving money could be considered without future prospects? Dignity could be abandoned, but money could not.

Lu Yufei was standing behind when Zhao Chengjun was talking to Tang Shishi. Although she was also there, she was like an invisible person. Lu Yufei did not agree with the actions of Tang Shishi, performing dances in the public, pulling out Prince Jing's sword, and confronting Prince Jing repeatedly, which was very unconventional. However, she could not help but to admit that Tang Shishi was extremely dazzling, like a shining star.

But no matter how good her dance looked; it could not mask the fact that Tang Shishi has committed a crime. She was being disrespectful to the imperial family and dare to fight against Prince Jing. No matter whether Tang Shishi has thoughts in that aspect or not, it was enough for her to die several times.

Lu Yufei felt that she should be punished severely, but Prince Jing had no intention of condemning her at all. Lu Yufei looked at Zhao Zixun covertly and found that he was slightly bewildered as if blinded by the stars. There were surprises, unexpected, and admiration in his eyes, and no blame at all.

Lu Yufei lowered her eyes, pursed her lips, and restrained herself from speaking.

Tang Shishi was still wearing Dunhuang dance clothes, and it jingled with the slightest movement, almost never stopped. After Zhao Chengjun finished speaking, and he glanced at her clothes, "I will send someone to Jianjia courtyard to send the reward. You should go back and change your clothes first. Next time you dare to pretend to be a dancer, it won't be a matter of just words."

Tang Shishi responded, quickly fasten her mask, and headed towards the stairs. As soon as she came downstairs, she instantly felt many people's eyes were on her. Tang Shishi tighten her mask, ignored any holler, and ran away quickly.

Ren Yujun retracted her gaze, and glanced at Zhou Shunhua lightly, "Which dancer is this who dare to be so presumptuous? She even pretended that she couldn't hear when the nobles of the mansion called her."

Zhou Shunhua sipped her tea, put down her cup, and wiped the corner of her lips with a handkerchief, "Who knows. Maybe it's a woman from a small family and doesn't know the etiquette."

Ren Yujun looked at Zhou Shunhua motionlessly, and Zhou Shunhua did not evade, looking back at her without expression. In their corner, one of the candles was extinguished, and the other flickered with the airflow, the light cast a dancing shadow on the wall. For a while, the faces of both people were immersed in the shadows, and their expressions could not see been seen clearly.

In the end, Ren Yujun laughed first and said, "They are of humble origins, so naturally are inferior to Sister Shunhua, court officials for many generations, descendants of poetry and literature, and even Shizi treats you differently. What I admire most about my sister is that you behave accordingly. No matter when or what happened, you would never lose your manners. But just now, my sister has been out for a long time just. I don't know what has caught my sister's attention and made my sister uncharacteristic and out of etiquette?"

Zhou Shunhua also laughed and said, "Sister Ren's words offended me. How can I compare with my Sister Ren in terms of generosity, rules, and moral character? Even Shizifei praised Sister Ren high to heaven. Since entering the mansion, Sister Ren has taught me a lot. If there is a chance, I will surely repay my sister."

Ren Yujun smirked and smiled faintly, "You're no different than me. I also learned from my sister."

The conversation was full of double-edged swords, neither of them was happy. After Zhou Shunhua and Ren Yujun finished talking, they both turned around, one watching the stage, and the other was drinking tea. No one would want to say a word to each other.