Chapter 98: Playmate

In the evening, Zhao Zigao fell asleep. Tang Shishi asked the nurse to take the child away and went back to the room to remove her makeup.

Today is Zhao Zigao's full 100 days, and Tang Shishi put on a full set of makeup. After not putting on makeup for a long time, and suddenly putting a whole load on her head and face, Tang Shishi is a little unaccustomed to the weight.

After standing with so many jewelry all day long, Tang Shishi was already tired. She was sitting in front of the mirror, unfastening the jewelry. She carefully took the red jade off, then pulled off the golden hairpins and then shook her head to untie the beads behind her head. Finally, Tang Shishi drew out the white jade dotted green hairpin, and her hair suddenly poured down like a waterfall.

Tang Shishi ignored the hair behind her, but reached out to rub her scalp. Today, her hair was combed high, her scalp was tight for a day, and it hurts a bit. In the mirror, a crimson figure gradually approached, Zhao Chengjun stopped behind Tang Shishi, put his hands on the side of Tang Shishi's hair, and gently massaged, "Do you have a headache?"

"It's not a headache, it's pain caused by jewelry." Tang Shishi complained, "These things are too heavy."

It was all solid gold, and the embellishments on it are genuine gems, so it is naturally heavy. Zhao Chengjun said in a low voice, "If you are too tired, you don't need to wear so many jewelry next time. You are the Wangfei of Jing Mansion. Who dares say anything about you?"

"That won't work." Tang Shishi took a comb and combed her hair slowly. "As a princess, If i don't wear clothes and jewelry, who would believe me?"

Zhao Chengjun was noncommittal. He looked down at Tang Shisgi's long black hair and asked without warning: "Why did you think of urging Zhao Zixun to have a baby?"

Tang Shishi's hand paused for a moment, and then she continued to comb her hair, and said, "It's not I who urged them, but others who urged me. I am mother who came in as a maid. It is very embarrassing. Others say I can't tolerate the Shizi. If I don't care, others will say that I will kill him. The Shizi will be twenty soon and he still doesn't have a child under his knee. Outsiders have long pointed and said that I am narrow and jealous. I don't want to let the Shizi inherit the title, so I deliberately treat the Shizi Consort bad and don't let the Shizi have heirs. This is really wronging me, but I can only keep being good to them, not dare to say or scold, and I have to find ways to make the Shizi Consort open the branches and scatter the leaves. Even if the Shizi Consort doesn't give birth, one of the concubines in the back room can."

Tang Shishi said while quietly observing Zhao Chengjun from the mirror. This is the first time she has said anything about Zhao Zixun. She wondered if Zhao Chengjun believed her?

Zhao Chengjun didn't speak and lowered his eyes. From Tang Shishi's point of view, she really couldn't tell what he was thinking. Tang Shishi continued: "I mentioned promoting a Side Consort today, but I actually wanted to promote Zhou Shunhua. I know that Shizi likes her the most, and lifting her as a Side Consort is good. But I came to the mansion in the same group as Zhou Shunhua, Ren Yujun, and Ji Xinxian. If i only lift Zhou Shunhua, but I won't promote Ren Yujun and Ji Xinxian, I'm afraid they will blame me for injustice, and Shizi Consort will also blame me for being nosy. I simply don't say anything and let them take the lead. Whoever gets pregnant first will become the Side Consort. So there is nothing to complain about."

Zhao Chengjun smiled softly and asked: "Why?"

"It's not easy." Tang Shishi put down the comb and kneaded the hair behind her with her fingers. "Shizi often goes to Zhou Shunhua's yard. It will be a matter of time before she becomes pregnant. When the time comes, Zhou Shunhua will be the Side Consort, and no one else can say anything. In this way, I can be regarded as a respectful and concerned mother to Shizi."