Chapter 73: Dispose of

Madam Xi was completely stunned. Zhao Chengjun said the Princess was not Xi Yunchu, and he would not let them enter the gate of Prince Jing's mansion again?

Just when Madam Xi was about to be driven out of the side room, she could not accept the outcome and shouted from the door after turning back laboriously, "Wangye, how can you say this? Yunchu has been waiting for so many years, from budding beauty to adulthood. The youth of my daughter is so precious that she refuses to agree on marriage to wait for Wangye. Wangye acquiesced when Yunchu was waiting, but now that Yunchu is older, Wangye said it was a misunderstanding. Wangye, if you do this, are you worthy of Yunchu and the Xi family?"

"Mother, stop talking!" Xi Yunchu yelled louder, covering her face while sobbing with tears. The people around her could not bear to look at her, the young and bright woman who was now drenched in tears. However, Zhao Chengjun's face did not fluctuate, and said casually, "I already said earlier that I have no intention of getting married. It's you that insisted on waiting. The second young lady is not too old and there's still time to discuss marriage. I wish Madam Xi and the second young lady to be able to find a good son-in-law as soon as possible."

Xi Yunchu was already sixteen this year. At this age, she was not considered very old, but it was a little late for a young lady who has not discussed marriage. Young ladies of the same age either have arranged betrothal at a young age or they began to take a good look at the potential husband's family as soon as thirteen or fourteen. At the latest fifteen, they would pre-engage with their potential husband's family one after another. Now Xi Yunchu was 16 years old and even in a hurry, where could she find a husband with the same family background with good character?

It was also Madam Xi who was arrogant. She did not know where she got her confidence that she felt Prince Jing liked Xi Yunchu, and he would remarry when Xi Yunchu grew up. Therefore, Madam Xi rejected all the madams who inquired about the marriage and focused on Zhao Chengjun wholeheartedly. Who would have thought that she would suddenly hear something like this today?

Madam Xi was both anxious and angry. In the moment of anger, she blurted out without thinking, "Since Wangye said that you have no intention of marrying a wife, then are you doing these things today just to dispel our thoughts? Wangye belittles our Xi family too much. If you tell the truth before, then we will not cling to Wangye and will certainly find someone else."

Lu Yufei's face changed slightly, and she kept winking at Madam Xi. Zhao Chengjun frowned when he heard that. Madam Xi was too presumptuous. How could she say these things? Who did she think she is to dare to question Prince Jing?

Not to mention that Zhao Chengjun and Xi Yunchu did not have any written or oral agreement. Even if the marriage contract was signed and Zhao Chengjun wanted to cancel the contract, it would only be a matter of one sentence. Punishments and rewards were all monarch's favor. How could there be any reasoning with the imperial members?

The courtyard was stagnant for a moment, and everyone looked at Zhao Chengjun carefully. In fact, Zhao Chengjun was not angry. His mind was too occupied with worries about Tang Shishi. Why should he be angry with irrelevant people?

Just in time to take advantage of today's incident to make things clear, not only to dispel the idea of the Xi family but also to tell the rest of the mansion. Zhao Chengjun said, "I have been an official of the imperial court and common people so far and I dare not say that I stand upright, but at least I dare to say that I have a clear conscience of my heart. Every word I said comes from my heart. I said earlier that I have no intention of marrying a wife is not an excuse, but that I really did not want to get married. Now that I'm determined to accept a Princess Consort which was not a change of mind, but a desire to marry someone. My wife will only be her, and if it weren't for her, I still will not marry for life."