5. Fabulous Hair (Emmett Cullen)

It was a lazy afternoon. I was sitting on my bed, working on my photo project for art class. My beloved boyfriend, Emmett, was stretched out next to me on the mattress, though, having no interest in doing schoolwork. Instead, his large fingers were playing with the ends of my hair, which I found myself enjoying very much! For being such a large, sometimes scary guy, he was always very gentle and careful around me.
   His fingers moved from the ends up towards the top of my ponytail. Then he very, very carefully began pulling the elastic down and freeing my hair from it. Once it was free, I heard him shoot the elastic into a wall and his hands began combing out my hair.
   "Are we having fun?" I asked quietly, smiling to myself.
   He chuckled. "Am I annoying you?"
   "No. You just seem to be having fun playing with my hair."
   "It's soft and pretty." He mumbled, still running his fingers through the thick strands.
   Pushing my photo album aside, I shook my head vigorously. The movement sent the strands of hair tossing around my shoulders and dancing around his hand. He chuckled in response, sitting up and positioning himself behind me. His huge arms wrapped around me, and I felt him press a kiss to the back of my head.
   "You have fabulous hair." He told me.
   "No, that's Edward. Mine's just pretty." I objected with a grin, using the mirror across the room to watch his reaction.
   He grinned back, rolling his eyes. "Edward needs a haircut. Either that, or he needs to brush it now and then."
   "I dunno, he catches a lot of eyes at school." Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. Pretty much all the eyes of every female classmate I've ever met! I was more into the big, burly guys with cute smiles.
   Emmett suddenly took me by surprise by pressing his nose into my hair and breathing in deeply.
   "What are you doing?" I questioned.
   I felt him chuckle lowly as he kept his face in my hair. "You smell so good."
   "I'm in desperate need of a shower." I objected, laughing. I leaned to the side so I could turn my head and look directly at his smirking face.
   "That's when you smell the best. You smell the most like you. And I love your scent." He murmured huskily.
   I blushed and leaned back against his shoulder. "You're odd, but a sweetheart."
   "It's the truth, Kendall. Your scent drives me wild." He kissed my temple softly.
   "Good." I replied with a gentle smile. "Because yours does the same for me."  

(Published August 24, 2021)