Chapter 58

[Draco]

Their bodies were flush against each others', naked limbs tangled messily but in an artful way.

"Mmm, I love you," Harry said thickly to him.

"Love you too, sweetum."

Draco's finger traced idly around the deepened skin in the shape of an oval on Harry's chest.

"What's this?"

"Hm? You mean the scar?"

"Yeah. Been wondering when we were..." his voice trailed off and he flushed red.

Harry chuckled and took his hand. "That was the masterpiece of a burning golden locket pressed into my chest. It happened during seventh year."

"Why?"

"The locket was worn around my neck. We just escaped Nagini and it burned because it was Voldemort's Horcrux."

"Oh." Draco traced the scar again and again.

Harry's head fell on his shoulder. "Are all these scars... from sixth year?" He was gesturing to those on his chest.

"Yeah."

"I'm so sorry," Harry whispered.

"Shh, don't be." Draco kissed the top of his head.

"I- I didn't know what the spell did before I cast it... found it in a book that turned out to be Snape's. It only said it could be used on enemies, I didn't know it was so deadly," Harry said.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

They laid in silence in the semi-darkness, bathed in each other's warmth. "Did it hurt?"

Draco fell silent. "No," he said slowly. "No, it didn't."

Harry looked up at him into his eyes.

"Honestly... I only felt relieved it was going to be over, even though not the way I planned. I wanted out."

"Oh, love." Harry gently kissed his nose and planted another kiss on his cheek.

He smiled at his boyfriend's touch and closed his eyes.

"What was the spell? I only heard that it starts with an s."

Harry shivered before replying. "Sectumsempra."

Draco lowered his face to give a peck on Harry's lips.

"Noted."

Minutes later, they fell asleep under the tacky prints of Harry's covers. Draco gazed over to his lover one last time, and drifted off to slumber alongside Harry's even breaths, soothing him no matter what.