26. Gamer boy (NSFW)

**WARNING**

This chapter contains slight discipline

–––––––--

It was past midnight when I grabbed my phone to text Ash that it would be too late for me to get over to his place, but when I was typing I got a text from him instead.

"Can't sleep. Seems my bed is too empty. Can I come over?"

I didn't hesitate for one second to reply yes. The logic in that answer wasn't quite waterproof, I had just been thinking that it was too late for me to come over to him, but that thought went out the window the second I saw his text. It was like all the things I told my mom about him made me miss him even more. My skin missed him. Every cell in my body missed him. And logic could go to hell.

The doorbell rang half an hour later and when I opened Ash stood there, completely soaked. Black strands of hair hung down over his forehead and he looked miserable. Quickly I let him in, and he took off his jacket and boots and then I just stood there, shivering.

"Didn't think it would rain that fucking much," he muttered and started to remove his t-shirt. "Can I use your shower? Otherwise, I'll never get warm."

"Sure," I said and pointed towards the bathroom. "I'll get a towel for you."

He disappeared into the bathroom, and I dug out a clean towel from the closet for him and quietly knocked on the bathroom door.

"What, you're getting shy or something?" I heard him giggle and start the shower. "Get in here and keep me company."

Knocking? What the hell was I doing? I cursed my own stupidity and entered the bathroom. There I sat down on the toilet and looked at Ash through the frosted glass of the shower cabin. He was standing with his head back, letting the water hit his face while he massaged his neck with his hands. That image alone made me want to get in there with him, clothes and all, but I forced myself to stay put.

"So, what happened with your mom?" he asked after a while. "Did you tell her?"

"Yeah," I replied and felt that immense relief again. "She told me that she'd known about it since I was a teenager. So, it wasn't a big surprise to her, apparently."

Ash laughed out loud and held out a hand to grab the towel.

"You mom seems pretty enlightened," he said amused. "Gonna be fun to meet her."

"So, you wanna come to the lake house?" I asked. "Mind you, half my family with partners and kids will be there."

"Sounds like it's gonna be a perfect distraction to the shitshow I need to take care of back here," he said. "And I have until Sunday night to move, so I have time to pack and have some fun as well."

That was true. I could certainly get why he would want to escape from reality a while and a party with my family would be a good way to do just that. And I would have someone to talk to as well and didn't have to sit alone as I usually did at those gatherings.

"You want tea?" I said and got up.

"Sure."

He continued to dry himself off in the shower and I went out into the kitchen to put on the water. Deliberately I refrained from looking at the clock. It was already too late to care anyway, I could sleep another day. When I returned to the living room Ash was standing in the middle of the room, the towel hanging around his hips. I knew that if I lingered with my eyes, I wouldn't be able to look away at all, but I just couldn't help myself.