Chapter 2

Around lunch, my friends, Chelsea, Hazel, Jaylin and Sky, came over. They said they wanted to take me out to lunch for y birthday, along with some of our friends.

"Give me a minute. I have to make sure all the snakes are in their tanks, and everything's put away."

"You're parents reallycare about this farm," Chelsea said.

"It's kinda scary," Hazel told me.

   Chelsea and Hazel are identical twins.Well, they would be if Hazel hadn't made her hair a different shade of red. Chelsea is a strawberry-blonde, and Hazel now has auburn hair. They both have hazel eyes, pale skin and tons of freckles. Hazel didn't like being confused with Chelsea, so she dyed her hair.

     They both wear a lot of purple, but since Hazel has darker hair, she wears a darker shade of purple. Every other color they wear is the same shade. It's a weird thig they have. They both have on matching purple bikinis and sundresses. Chelsea's wearing a pair of black and white zebra print sunglasses, and Hazel's wearing the same ones in cheetah print.

"I know. They always talk about giving me the farm when I'm eighteen and married."

"Anyway, get changed, so we can go. Ryan's gonna be there," Jaylin said.

      Jaylin is majorly perky and preppy. She has blonde hair with pink bags and tips. She has light blue eyes. This girl has a major pink obsession. Everything she owns is pink.

     Everyday she wears in a different shade of pink and light blue. Right now, she's wearing a pastel pink bikini and light blue shorts and flip flops. She has a straw hat with pink ribbons ad bows on it.

"Jay, we broke up over a month ago. Stop trying to get us back together."

"How can you not want to get back with Ryan? He's sweet, sensitive, funny and totally cute," Sky pulled at her blue braids.

       Her parents named her Sky because her eyes are sky blue. When she turned ten, her mom let her bleach most of her brown hair so she could dye it blue. They didn't care because her hair matches her eyes and name. Even though she has sky blue hair and eyes, she dresses like a rainbow.

"I live on a snake farm with poisonous snakes. I didn't want him getting bitten and dying."

"Dude, you got bitten by a King Cobra when you were seven, and you didn't die," Hazel reminded me.

"Thanks for reminding me. But if my parents didn't have anti-venom, I would have died. They didn't have enough, hence why I spent two months in the hospital."

"Yeah, but most of it was out when you went to the hospital."

       I told my parents I didn't remember much after I was bitten because I didn't want them on my back about it all the time. Venom can kill you, not your memory. I just tell them I don't remember much because of how young I was.

"That's another reason why I broke up with him. He always worried that I'm gonna get bit and die. He knew I got bit by the Cobra, and he freaked out. He asked my parents if I could move in with him so I wouldn't get bit again."

"Come on, Mag. You think it's cute that he looks out for you," Jaylin poked my stomach.

"Cute? Lin, that's paranoia," Chelsea told her.

"Either way, Mag, you love him, and you wanna get back with him," Sky crossed her arms.

"I don't love hm" I pet the albino Burmese python wrapped around my wrist. "Right, Banana?"

           I didn't like lying to my friends about not loving Ryan. We were together for six months before we broke up. He was over one day, and we were outside by the snake tanks. We were looking at the rattlers, and the one snapped at him. I told him we should break up before he got bit. He didn't like it, but he said we could try again when I moved out.

"You were together for six months. You totally love him," Chelsea smiled.

"Can we just drop it? I'm hungry, and I wanna eat," I put Banana back in her tank.