Chapter 34

I didn't have much time between my birthday and all hell breaking loose. Apparently, the lightening storm we had was the start of it all. The sky's been dark all week followed by mild explosions. Tombutoo said we just have to wait for the fires. Fires. What the hell kinda mission am I in for?!?
To make matters worse, the curse has been affecting civilians too. We had a seven-car pile up in front of the school because the snakes are everywhere. They've started following me everywhere I go again. I swear they're trying to stay close in case we have another incident like prom or disaster starts.
After the pile up, I decided to isolate myself from the outside world. I've been locked in my room for three days in pure darkness between the black-out curtains and the sky outside. Between the snakes we have as inventory and the ones that were sticking close, my whole house was filled with snakes, including the yard. My parents had to triple the amount of snake food they brought in for inventory, my followers and me. My mom's been bringing my food, human and rodents, to my bedroom while I'm sheltered away from the rest of the world.
The door hasn't even been opened. My dad decided since I wasn't leaving my room he added a door leading from my room to the bathroom. His logic was since I wasn't leaving my room, I didn't have to leave my room to use the bathroom because the door was there now. Since a slot in my door was completely pointless, my mom started leaving my food on the bathroom counter.
My friends haven't even been in my room or in my house since I started isolation. Mainly because there's no place for them to sit since my house has been taken over by snakes. My place of residence turned into "Snakes On A Plane" only no one's freaking out or gotten bit and we're in a house instead of on a plane. Most of our communication is through text messages and notes I ropel out of my bedroom window while they sit in the patio furniture outside.
I've also been doing cyber school while in isolations. My parents told my school I was diagnosed with some medical condition, and it would be better if I switched to cyber school in the meantime. I'm starting to feel like I'm being caged up like a monster. I know it was my decision to make, at least until all this blows over.
As of right now, I'm sitting in the corner of my room on the floor. I've barely moved in the last couple days. My mom started putting my food in the basket my friends put stuff in and I pull it up. The neighbors are starting to think we're nuts. My parents told them I have a serious virus that's contagious and deadly, and I have to isolate until it passes.
I've come to realize my parents are coming up with any excuse they can think of off the top of their head until this blows over. It's making me wonder what they'll tell people if I can't overcome the obstacle. If it doesn't work out, they're gonna be all over the place when people ask what medical condition I had. Even my obit will be confused.
Suddenly, my phone ringing pulled me from my thoughts. I left my phone on my desk, where it's been for the last few days. Surprisingly, it hasn't vibrated off my desk and i haven't touched it. I just let the call go to voicemail but it kept buzzing. I slowly crawled over to my desk after not moving from the corner for God knows how long. I had missed calls from all four of my friends, the last one being from Chelsea. I redialed her number.
"Mag!" I heard her scream.
"Mag, help!" Hazel shrieked.
"chelsea, Hazel, what's going on?"
"Mag, if you don't get your ass here soon, I'm gonna kick it!" Skye yelled in my ear.
"Calm down. Where are you guys?"
"Give me the phone." I heard Jay. "We're in a hole in the ground about five miles out of town."
"Glad you're the only level headed one, Jay. Now how did y'all end up in a hole?"
I heard silence for what felt like forever. "Julia put us here." She finally said.
My stomach dropped and I felt dizzy. No one's heard from Julia since she got suspended last year. Last anyone heard, she got sent to boarding school in Florida. Without thinking, I was running down the stairs and out the door. Jay didn't specify where they were taken, so I ran to the same hole Tombutoo had taken me to two years ago. Low and behold, there they were.
I kneeled down next to the hole and leaned forward. "You guys okay?" They all looked up at me.
"Yeah. We're fine." Hazel verified for everyone.
"Now someone please explain to me how you got down there and what Julia has to do with it."
"You got rouge snakes." Skye told me.
"What do you mean I got rouge snakes?" I sat on the edge.
"She means Julia controls the snakes that put us here. Apparently, not every snake in the world follows you." Jay explained.
My head started spinning. I thought it was my job as the snake queen to control every snake in existence. I never even considered the possibility of there being rogue snakes nor had Tombutoo mentioned it to me. This can only mean one thing: I have to vanquish Julia.