Chapter 5

My parents agreed to let me stay at Hazel and Chelsea's house for a week or two. They agreed to it as long as I go to work. I already told them I am because I need the money.

Jaylin bought me leopard print tapers for my ears.sky found green and purple nose rings and lip rings. She said the green ones match my eyes, and the purple ones make them look darker.

Hazel bought me the work boots and snake skin jacket. When we went to a different store, Chelsea found me a strapless snake skin dress and a matching pair of boots. She said I could wear the dress and boots when we go out tonight.

When we walked out of the mall, Ryan and Asher were waiting for us. Ryan was wearing something different than he was at lunch. He was wearing dark grey skinny jeans and a black, blue and white flannel shirt. Asher still had on the same shorts and shirt he did at lunch.

"You look good, Ry," I told him.

"Just for you," he kissed me.

"Let's go. Birthday girl's surprise it waiting for her," Sky sang.

"I have a surprise for her, too," Ryan wrapped his arms around me.

"It can wait until she is done getting ready," Jaylin's eyes narrowed.

"Okay. Fine. It can wait 'til she's done getting ready," he smiled.

"What's my surprise?"

"You'll see after you're done getting ready," my eyes bugged, a smile broke out on my face.

"Let's go!" I grabbed Hazel's hand, and the five of us started running towards her house.

When we got to Chelsea and Hazel's house, their mom was in the kitchen, making dinner, and their dad was watching t.v. in the living room. Chelsea grabbed some sodas and snacks, and we went up to her room. Her walls are violet purple with light blue flowers all over. Hazel's room is lavender purple with navy blue flowers everywhere.

Everybody else got ready before I did. The twins went with short black dresses with red ribbons and white studs. Sky picked out a pair of blue short shorts and a pin low-cut tank top. Jaylin threw on a pair of pink skinny jeans, a lime green tank top and a white dress shirt. It. Felt a little.....awkward and weird being the only tomboy.

The girls basically forced me into the dress. Jaylin re-curled my hair. After she was done, I threw my hat and vest back on. At least I'll look a little boyish. The girls threw their shoes on, and we went downstairs.

When we got downstairs, Ryan, Asher and a couple other guys were waiting for us.

"Wow, Mag, you look great," Ryan said nervously.

"Thanks, Ry," I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I got somethin' for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah," he spun me around.

I felt something cold against my skin. The girls stared at neck when he turned me around. I couldn't see what was around my neck, so I looked in the living room mirror. I saw a green and red snake pendant on a silver chain.

"Wow, Ry. It's beautiful," I reached up to touch it.

"I thought you would like it," he wrapped an arm around my waist, and kissed my right temple.

"Alright, you two lovebirds. We need to go," Hazel said.

"I don't see how this day can be anymore perfect. I got my boyfriend back, my best friends and an awesome necklace."

"Yeah. We get it. You feel like a princess. Let's go," Chelsea pulled me out the door.

I didn't feel like a princess, but I didn't feel like the girl who lives on a snake farm either. For once, I felt like a normal teenager. It was an amazing feeling. I didn't wanna go back to being the snake girl. I never liked being referred to as the snake girl.