Chapter 3

I changed into my red dress and added my black denim vest, cowgirl hat and black cowboy boots. Jaylin decided to bring her curling iron. She's always trying to screw with my hair. She had Chelsea and Hazel restrain me so she could. I'm just glad she didn't make it extremely curly. I would've let a rattler loose on her.

"Please don't let him notice me," I whispered to Hazel.

"He's never seen you like this?!"

"Nope. He's used to the skinny jeans, t-shirts, boots and cowboy hats. I never let him see me in a dress, and I really don't want him to."

"Hey, Mag!" I heard my friend, Asher, yell.

      Asher and I met in the third grade. He is, literally, the most awesomest friend I could ever have. He always gave me advice when it came to Ryan. When Ryan asked to meet my parents, I told Asher I didn't want him coming over because my parents have a weird absession with their snake farm. He's the person I can talk about my problems with.

"Hey, Ash," I hugged him.

"Happy birthday," he kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you."

"Happy birthday, Mag," I turned to see Ryan.

      When I looked at him, I was stuck on mute. When I was with him, it felt like I couldn't breathe. I cried for weeks when we broke up. I didn't wanna break up with him, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

"Um, thanks, Ry."

"Can we talk for a sec?"

"S,s,s,sure," I stuttered.

      We walked around the back of the bistro. No one ever comes out here. Mainly because there's too many snakes. So many people got bitten by rattlers and copperheads that everyone was afraid to go out back. One thing for sure is if one of us gets bitten, I know how to suck the venom out.

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I smiled slightly.

"I've never seen you in a dress. It's weird. It doesn't seem like you. I like it."

"I don't wear dresses a lot. I wear one once or twice a year."

"You should wear them more often."

"Okay."

"So, listen, Mag. I miss you. I love you, and I want you back."

"You do?" I whispered.

"Yeah. I'm in love with you," he took my hand, and kissed me softly.

      When he kissed me, it felt like my knees melted. his lips were extremely soft. I liked the way they felt against mine. I never wanted him to stop kissing me.

"I love you, too, Ryan," I whispered. "I always have."

"So, what do you say? Will you be my girlfriend again?"

"Okay," I grinned.