Rejected / 5

Ace's POV

Mate! That's her! Oh, she looks sweet and kind! Kyle, my wolf says.

Her? Surely not! She's too weak to be my Luna. I say.

I grab her hand and take her into a room. I look her up and down, she surely isn't strong enough to be my Luna. "Let's get this over with" she looks at me confused. "I need a Luna who's strong and not weak. I, Ace Knight, reject you as my Luna" she looks at me with sadness in her eyes.

"I accept Alpha Ace Knight," she says looking at her feet, on the verge of tears. I go out of the room to talk to my friends and Nicole.

What's wrong with you? You'd rather be with that slut Nicole than your mate? Kyle kept saying

What do you mean what? She looks weak and I can have a weak Luna! Nicole actually has Luna features and I love Nicole! I say grumpily

Nicole was like my mistress, my mother liked her a lot because they were alike, same fashion style and everything. My mother kept asking me who my mate was and when I saw Nicole, I instantly fell in love. I didn't care if she was my mate or wasn't. I loved Nicole.

"Who was that girl babe?" Nicole said. Before I'd find this voice calming and hot but now it just sounded whiny. "My mate" I replied bluntly. She looked at me with horror and said "your mate?" I said "I rejected her so don't worry" and she smirked. She always wanted the best for herself

Bella's POV

I cried myself to sleep that night.

I thought getting a mate would be fun and he would be loving and kind but in return, all I get is this. My wolf won't talk to me, she's still healing. I don't even know how I'll face him during dinner and other things.

****Flashback****

"You worthless bitch! How many times do I have to tell you to hide those bruises! This is the last time I'm warning you! You'll get more of those if you can't hide them!" Ruby and her mother screamed at me.

I was given neither lunch nor dinner that night. I was starved very often and so was I beaten. I had bruises all over my body.

Just let me at her! Cleo, my panther, would always say when they hurt me but, if I couldn't stay strong, Cleo had to. On days I was starved, Cleo would go into the wild and hunt.

****end of flashback****

It was breakfast time and I asked my mother to get me food in my room. I simply told her that I was tired from the journey. I needed to do something, I couldn't just stay here like this!

After I ate, I had a bath and wore fresh clothes thinking about what I should do. Cleo was the only one I had I could talk to so, I decided to let her out for a while.

After eating, there was a council meeting tomorrow and since I was the daughter of the beta I had to go down. I don't know how I'll face Ace and not cry, I'm sure he hasn't told anyone that I'm his mate or that he rejected.