Nicole / 11

Alexander's POV

It's been more than a month since Nicole went on her trip, I can't say I don't miss her, she is my mate after all. Not the one I typically wanted, she was well... different. She loved shopping and make-up. I found life boring when she wasn't around and so, I decided to go to college along with the delta, the beta and his younger brother.

We were all just sitting in our first class when this girl came in and boy was that enough to make Kale go crazy. He kept rambling some shit I couldn't decode, not when he was saying it that quick.

She had black hair and a beautiful body. Maybe, if we were in high school we'd date.

I waited for class to end and then I went up jogging towards her. "Hey, I'm Lucas Hernandez," I said forwarding my hand. Her eyes grew wide and then she shook my hand. "So, I'm guessing by the look on your face, you already know who I am?" I said scratching my neck.

"Well, with the look you gave me, I'm guessing you know who I am as well?" she replied back. Ah, she's feisty. I laughed. "Yeah, who doesn't," I said smiling. "Yeah well, they only heard one side of the story," she replied back, her smile faltering. "I didn't mean it like that, would you like to come with us for lunch?" I said trying to ease the tension.

Shit, I didn't mean to do that! Gosh, I need to get a hold of myself. "Yeah, sure" she replied with a small smile. Well, there goes my first impression.

****

Bella's POV

After lunch, I decided to go to my dorm and stay in for a while. I also decided to complete some homework and then watch some Netflix. Katherine was out again with her friends.

Before, I'd just ignore school and play along with everyone but right now, proper education is what I need. Somehow, I keep getting distracted. I remember Alex talking about his mate Nicole and I just can't help but wonder if she's the same Nicole who was with Ace. The description does match wonderfully, too good for a coincidence even.

You should tell Alex, he deserves to know Cleo said

I know, but what if I'm wrong? He'll just think the rumours are true -that if I can't have one alpha, I'll take another. I replied back. Cleo hums in response.

Cleo has been pretty restless since she met Alex for whatever reason. I decide it's time to let her out for a while. She jumps up and down inside my brain. I pack some clothes in a bag and head out to the forest behind the college.

I feel free looking at the forest, knowing I'm on no one's territory. That I can let Cleo free without having to worry if people see me. Yeah, that's right, I never let anyone know that I was a panther. I'd always say that I couldn't shift yet.

It's not like anyone asked me, other than my parents ofcourse. I remove my clothes behind a tree and shift. It feels really good to be like this, free. I start to run amongst the trees, I won't be hunting today. Anyone can see the body and I don't even know if hunting is allowed.

Just as I am a little inside the woods, I hear twigs cracking and I look back to see a wolf there with 3 wolves behind him. All of them looking at me weirdly. So much for "no one knowing about my panther". I tilt my head to my side.

"Kale?" Cleo said

"Yeah, Bella?" Kale asked.

His wolf was a big, black one. Cleo chuckled and said "Cleo". He nodded in response. "Could you shift back? I don't know how we're supposed to talk like this?" Kale said gesturing to his wolf body. Cleo nodded and went behind a tree.

I shifted back and came in front. "Hey," James said and I replied "Hello". "I never knew you were a panther shifter," Kaden said coming into view from behind the tree. "Well, no one really asked," I replied back.

"But how come? You're the beta's daughter, has no one ever wanted to see you shift in all your 18 years of life?" Alex said coming into view from the tree wearing a black shirt with black jeans. He looks really good, even hot- holds up what! I gotta get myself together.

"Well, I didn't live there for 18 years to be exact," I started before telling them my entire story.

A/N: Hey ya'll, my exams just finished so I took a pretty long break so here's another chapter, Don't forget to vote.