The ball / 17

A/N: Hey ya'll! I wanted to say thank you to all of you who voted. Believe me, you're making me a very happy person indeed.

(Bella's dress above) 

(Alex's suit below)

Bella's POV

Most princesses wake up to the sounds of birds chirping, to the soft sounds of the wind flowing and all that pretty stuff, yet here I am awakened by the harsh knocking on my door. I grumble my way out of bed and open the door to see a very in-the-skincare-process Marie.

She comes in and says "Look at this room, why'd you always keep the curtains closed?" and I shrug. "The sun's way too bright for me." And she rolls her eyes. She sits on a chair and looks at me.

She has curlers on her hair, a mask on her face and her nails are freshly painted. Before she can say anything, I say "Wow, you're taking this ball-thing pretty seriously." I say and she looks at me as if I've grown 3 heads.

"Of course I am! Parties are such an important part of my life!" She says as she removes her curlers with her gentle fingers. I laugh and shake my head sitting on the bed. "What time's the ball?" I ask and she responds "In 4 hours" and I say "That's a lot of time, why do you have curlers on your hair now?"

"Beauty takes time, now go have a bath and get ready for breakfast," she says with a wink and goes out of the door. I sigh and make my way towards my bathroom. I start the shower and stand under the hot water allowing it to relax my muscles.

I think about the ball, and suddenly a thought strikes my mind. When I was with Alex and his friends, I never thought about Ace until he was bought up. I never felt the lack or need of him ever since I met them all. I feel pleased with myself for letting him go, for not crying, for being strong and for moving on. I smirk as I turn the shower off.

The plan I have will go into action in a few hours, and I can't wait to see the result.

I wear black jeans along with a white top. I comb my black hair and plait it into 2 thick French braids. Taking one last look at the mirror, I open my door and go downstairs.

I see everyone seated at the same, long and grand table. I take my seat in the Luna's position. A position I am sure I will never obtain. As I sit down, Lucas walks my way and takes the chair right next to me. "So, how'd you like the place?" he asks. I smile and look at him, "I've loved the place so far. The pack members really are sweet." I say and he smiles. "Alex takes pride in making his pack into what it is today." He pauses leaning closer to me "I'm sure he'll never admit it though" he says and I laugh.

"I'll never admit what?" a deep voice says from behind me and I turn behind to see Alex standing there already dressed in his clothes. He wears a shade of red similar to mine, a formal suit with a golden watch on his hand. He raises his eyebrows and I smile. "That you love Lucas," I say. James spits out his food and looks at Alex with a look and Luc starts laughing.

"Oh stop frowning, I love you and only you," Luc says looking at James. James turns to look at Luc and his eyes soften. He looks at me and rolls his eyes playfully. I look back at Alex and he says "I've got no interest for this lot, I do however have my eyes on someone" he says smirking. I blush and look back at my plate. He laughs and takes his seat and the far end of the table, opposite to me.

I eat fish sticks soggy from being dragged through a sludge of ketchup. I fill my stomach and go up to my room. The ball is in exactly 2 hours and I start to get ready.

I start to go to the bedroom to change when the door knocks and I open it to see 2 women standing there. "Hello, I'm Cara and this is my sister Claire, we're going to get you ready." They say and I nod letting them come into my room.

****

It's been an hour and 30 minutes, I'm all ready and dressed up for the ball. My hair is tied up neatly in an up-do with a few strands loose. My shoes are red heels and my make-up is done light. I wear my red dress and walk down the stairs. As I go down I see a boy –no more than 16 who looks at me. I smile at him and he looks down with a pink tint on his cheeks.

Just as I am about to go and talk to him, someone clears their throat behind me. I look behind to see Alex looking at the boy with a scowl. "You look good Bella, we should go. Weston, make sure nobody enters the house." Alex says and Weston nods in fear. I look at Alex disapprovingly and say "You're coming with us, Weston. We have another 20 minutes till we can leave. Go get dressed. Alex, lend him a suit of yours." I say and look at Alex.

"Why him?" Alex says and I reply, "Why me?" Alex rolls his eyes playfully and goes up with Weston to his room.

10 minutes later I see a smiling Weston and a grumpy Alex walking down the stairs. Weston is dressed in navy blue with his brown hair slicked back. I smile at him and he smiles back. I look at a very grumpy Alex who simply shrugs and takes my hand. Motioning for Weston to follow.